Chapter 38: Goodbye, Old Friends

Start from the beginning

"Woah! This is more than I expected!" Sanji's voice responded.

"Sanji! Don't tell me you did something earlier!" Usopp wondered.

"Yeah, these guys aren't the kind of enemy we could escape from with just guts, right?" He rhetorically asks, pointing to his head. "So I decided with Ama-chan's help that closing the Gates of Justice would work in our favor." He explained.

"Are you two geniuses or what?!" Luffy shouts from the floor.

"We can't go on rejoicing forever. The whirlpools are a problem for us, too." Zoro analyzed.

"That's right!" Usopp agreed.

"Morons." I shake my head at them.

"What?!" They both yelled at me.

"Shut up!" Nami interjects. "There is no sea that the Merry couldn't cross with us on board!" She declared.

"That's right! We're counting on you, navigator!" Usopp's opinion quickly changed its tune.

"Nami-san! You're so cool!" The love cook had hearts coming from his visible eye.

While she finished identifying the trajectory of the whirlpools Zoro, Sanji, Usopp, and I went to the back of the ship to protect her from cannon fire.

"One-Sword-Style...Thirty-six Pound Phoenix!" He slashed at a cluster of cannonballs headed our direction. "Dammit! I can't do the Hundred-and-eight version with just two swords." He complained.

"You can just take a break, then." Sanji quipped.

"What'd ya say, ya jerk!" He snapped back.

"H-Hey! They're coming again!" Usopp tried to get their attention.

They were too distracted. "Room! I called, creating a large one around us as I threw six pebbles in the direction of the cannonballs. "Shambles" I had them all change positions, so the cannonballs were headed back to the ship that fired them, creating devastation for them on impact.

"Tripple-Flame-Stars!"

"Collier Shoot!"

After some time, Luffy dragged himself over to us, using his chin to pull the rest of him over. He wanted to fight too, so Sanji and Zoro stretched him out like a tarp to richotte all the cannonballs back.

"That saved us, Captain!" Zoro smiles at his further injured captain.

"Just as we'd expect from our captain!" Snaji joins in with a smile of his own.

"Hey! Are you guys demons?!" Usopp shouted at the two with shark teeth.

"Ya know, if they didn't dislike each other they would be a deadly duo to battle." I comment.

"Don't just say that like there isn't a problem!" Usopp shouted at me next.

The Straw Hats are escaping towards the Falls!

Fire! Fire! Fire! Are you all idiots?! Sink that ship already! Spandam's annoying voice orders.

It seems that they caught the whirlpool's current! They're going at an incredible speed!

"Go! Speed forth with all your might!" Luffy yells from the ground.

"Franky! Can you do the thing?" Nami shouts at the man.

"Sure!" He jumped over to join us in the back of the ship. "Prepare for a shock." He informed us. "It'll be rough on the ship...Sorry about that." He was placing his arms together and changing his stance to be able to take a heavy impact. "Coup de Vent!"