7. Running is useless

Then, Piper hopped closer, finishing the job with two clean shots

Then, Piper hopped closer, finishing the job with two clean shots. The man's blood spattered across her face.

////////////////////////////////////////////

"Let's go somewhere private, sweetcheeks," the man, Agapitos, groaned. He trailed his fingers up Piper's thigh, while she sat patiently on his lap.

Her smile turned real when his fingers found the edge of her knife, suspended on a crimson garter beneath her little black dress.

The man stilled, "What's..." he stuttered, eyes widening in fear.

He must have figured it out by now, though to Piper's annoyance, his clammy fingers did not leave her flesh.

"You never seen a knife before?" Piper cocked an eyebrow.

The man pushed off in an instant, hurtling towards the door. Piper cursed, voice low. Why do they have to make this hard?

With a frown plastered on her face, Piper threw some cash atop the table.
Then, as a lady should, she sprinted after the man with murderous intent.

She whizzed through the Cronos Club patrons, who were dancing away as the music swelled. It was particularly hard to go through such a thick crowd of moving bodies, but Piper did her best, her eyes rooted on the exit route the man took.

The man, who had quite a heavy build was not that hard to catch up with. Heck, she didn't even have to take off her heels when she cornered him in the alley between the Bacchus Bar and Cronos Club.

"You're late on your payments," Piper huffed when she grabbed the man, who was clearly startled.

He wriggled a bit, trying to get out of grasp, so she trapped him between a wall, one hand tight on his collar and the other holding a gun against his temple.

"I...one more day...I need more time," he croaked, sweat pooling on his brow.

"The thing Is, you got a dozen extensions, and Kronos is quite impatient," she shrugged.