- Chapter Eleven -

Mama scoffed as she entered the living room to see many piles of streamers, confetti, and balloons. "What is all of this, Mija?"

Luz smiled, wide. "Well, since you've been gone a lot has happened," She started, "Mainly that Amity and I are kind of friends now.."

"That Blight girl?"

"Yep. She's actually very different from what you would think."

"Hmm," She replied, "And you're sure you want to help? This is her for, isn't it?"

"Yes. She's been struggling a little and I wanted to be a nice..friend."

Her mother did not miss the light tinge of rosy hue that spread across her daughter's face but nodded and walked off toward the kitchen. A kitchen island separating the living area from the cooking area, though it was small and to the side. "I am sure she will appreciate it."

"I hope so." Chuckled Luz as she rubbed her hands together. She had been working on her surprise for days now.

                                                                   .............................................

Amity pried at the fingers covering her vision to no avail. "Seriously? Why can't I just see, Luz?"

"Because it's a surprise!"

"But you know that I don't like them." She said.

Luz smiled widely, even though she was standing behind Amity and she could not see her smile, she heard it in her voice. "Well, you are going to love this one!"

Amity sighed happily. "Alright then."

"One."

"Two," She cut in, a giggle escaping her. She had never been surprised in this way before and, even if it felt a little weird to her, it did feel nice.

"Three!" The hands around her eyes fell away and she blinked away the blinding spots of light to be met with something out of a fairytale. The ideas she had discarded for their prom being brought to life. She had believed they were too childish but the way that Luz had decorated...it was beautiful.

Streams of white and shimmering silver fell from the roof tiles, lights encapsulated in floating strings made it look almost like a fantasy book. Butterflies, flowers, shimmering fabric. The whole area smelt of a sweet perfume and right in the middle of the stage were two crowns, one silver and one white, boxed in a case like Cinderella's slipper.

"This is amazing!" She turned around, throwing herself at the shorter girl and giving her a bone crushing hug.

"You think so?"

"Yes! Yes!' She cried, happy tears flowing. "So much!"

Luz smiled, her grin felt almost as blinding as the fairy lights. She felt the arms around her tighten even more. At first she had been hesitant to return the hug but now, as she did, she realized that the younger Blight smelt of candies. She really was perfect.

They stood there, embracing each other for what felt like an eternity until Amity broke away. As she did, there was a pause between both of them where they made eye contact. Luz felt Amity moving closer, and closer, and before anything could happen, she laughed nervously as she escaped the hug.

This was her first friend, besides Willow and Gus, that had accepted her but the scars hadn't healed themselves entirely. They were just barely scabbing over and she was afraid that if she pushed herself too far, the scars would open wide again, leaving her out to bleed.