The red soldiers

Xiao ran the area around him burned and battered without a second thought, his steps hurried, his breathing loud as he ran through the Loufu, there was an attack but this time not by the mara this time it was by intelligent sentient creatures, that were coated in a familar energy and used attacks that were eerily similar to her attacks, beams of dark red cubes spiraled all over the Loufu as Xiaoo heard a screams from a nearby building.

he jumped and used the wind to propell himself, this was bad, people were dying and creatures of unknown origin are attacking the Loufu, he head the screams getting louder and used his winds to clear the rubble, multiple people of varying age were there with a few cloud knights looking frightnened to the core as they watched,

"You two" Xiao started with urgency "Get the citizens to the Divine Foresight commission, take the path to the left to us and you should see it, be careful there are-" He heard a sound of a blade approuching at mighty fast speeds as he turned around and struck it across forcing the red blade to  flip out of the weilders hand and into the ground as Xiao wasted no time and attcked at the Unknown being with haste sending a straight stab to the head plunging the bieng as it disipated into red dust.

The people were shaken and the cloud Knights looked frustrated "As I said be careful of those red beings now GO!"  Xiao rushed them as the winds told me of another group of people were getting cornered by the red soldiers once again he jumped up and used his winds to lead himself to the people.

From above he saw 15 red soldiers as he named them and the around 40 citizens with no cloud knight protecting them they were cornered against a breaking wall but xiao jumped down as he thrust his spear into the head of one of the red soldiers sending a shockwave of wind to the other red soldiers and crushing the skull of one of them as it dissipated into the red dust there was still 14 left.

3 rushed with their blades armed as they tried to strike his chest but Xiao had once again jumped but this time not as high into the air avoiding the attacks and landing behind the three of them he quickly plunged his sword into two of the soldiers while one was barely able to escape another 12 left.

another 3 approached from behind as the one infront of him started running, Xiao took the sword of one of the dead soldiers and threw it at one running piercing his heart and quickly turned  to the three approaching from behind and threw each of them at Xiao  one by one. The first one ran towards Xiao and diagonally sliced at Xiao which he easily doged by stepping  slightly back ward then countered stabbing his pear into the soldier, the next came trying to suprise Xiao from behind but Xiao sensed him and cut him up then the last one came running and slicing away haphazardly  drawing out the fight but Xiao dealth with thim easily enough. 8 left.

As Xiao turned behind to start fighting with the remaining people he saw the red soldiers holding captive over the humans threatening to drop his weapon or they would kill them. Xiao did as obliged with haste as he could see the blade was a fraction of a second away form death to the people. 4 of the 8 came towards Xiao and surrounded him one of them confescating his weapon, Xiao inwardly grimaced as he didnt know what to do.

THWAP! A sound rung through  the quite place as an arrow hit two of the red soldiers head with another one  aiming towards the other two. This gave Xiao the chance he needed as he jabbed the one on his right and took his spear back as he swung it around and hit the heads of the other 3 making all 4 of them out of balance and he proceeded to stab each one as they started to turn into red dust.

Xiao looks behind to see the person who saved them, silver hair fox ears and a prestigious bow sounds like the rising star of the Loufu he started to hear about Baiheng the foxian stood with a cheeky grin "You must be the one Jingliu mentioned, Xiao am I right?"  Xiao stayed silent but as he was about to open his mouth again she continued "Just joking with you, youre Alatus, oh yeah thank you a bunch for leading the citizens on their way those damn red soldiers made this a difficulty anyways nice to meet ya" an aura of confidence radiated from her, the bright cheerful attitude of hers really reminded him of an old friend long forgotten by most.

Xiao smiled at Baiheng and cracked a small smile "I heard you didnt smile much but I already got you smiling, oh yeah now we need to get back to the Divine Foreseight commision and bring everyone over there. oh yeah Jingliu its been the most I've seen her worried in like forever now c'mon we dont want ms Jingliu to kill us with her ice cold glares" Baiheng said as Xiao could feel himself grinning like an idiot which was something he was not used to.

How did this even start

Author's note:
I know this chapter felt rushed but I just really wanted to try writing some good fighting scenes

Its been a while since ive updated and thats mostly been because my thoughts are jumbled and I have exams coming soon so it will take much longer updates for these short chapters.

As always remember to vote and comment if you enjoyed

Space time signing out