07

Bata to, kahan leke ja rhi h? I asked Tanvi who is driving scooty and taking me I don't know where

(Tell me, where are you taking me?)

Chup reh, let me drive. She said while concentrating on driving and I huffed for the nth time in the half hour when she didn't answered my question again.

Then can you drive a little faster? I asked her irritated cause I don't like suspenses.

I am. She replied and I frowned.

Seriously!!

You say you are driving fast when your speed is matching with a cycle. I asked her.

Yeah, now shut up. She snapped at me and I pouted. I can't see her face but I know she is irritated and this my cue to shut up.

Won't mummy be angry if I get home late?, She let me come only because I promised to come early. Otherwise do you think she would have let me come when tomorrow is my engagement? I asked everything in one breath after five minutes when I couldn't stay quiet while she gave me a side eye turning her head a little.

No, bhai has already told her about you being late. She said and I mumbled a 'okay'.

Oh, so even bhai knows all this.

Yes, tomorrow is the engagement. After Mummy was done matching our horoscope and confirmed about everything. She then talked to Aadhya aunty who discussed dates with her family and they decided the date of engagement, which is tomorrow and wedding two and half months after engagement.

Honestly, I don't know how I feel about this because I am going to engage with someone who is totally unknown to me. I just know his name and profession nothing more. From childhood I have listen that one day I will marry a guy who will be selected by my parents and elders but after growing up I think this is not how it should be. I trust my parents that they won't choose wrong person for me but it should be me deciding whom I want to marry.

People say marriage is scary but I don't think the same. I am not scared of marriage, I am scared of my partner. I am scared that if I have to spend my life with someone I can't sit in the silence and enjoy it. I don't want to have a relationship where we can't show our vulnerability to each other, where we have to think before sharing things to each other. I want a transparent relationship and it totally depends on the partner I will have. Your partner affects everything in your life from your mental health to your peace of mind, from your successes to how you get through the ups and downs in your life, form how your children will be raised to how you will spent your old age with each other sharing your life experience to your children.

I came out of my trance when Taanvi stopped the scooty in front of a restaurant. This restaurant is near the hotel where my in-laws are staying.

Why we are here?. I asked her while getting off the scooty and I frowned as she didn't answer me. She parked the scooty totally ignoring my question.