03

Give that back to me

Give that back to me. I warned bhai while trying to snatch the remote from his hand and he raised it more.

Let me watch for five minutes. He said pushing me aside and sat on sofa.

Mummy. I whined looking at mummy who was arranging dinning table.

Let him watch for 5 minutes. She said and I looked at her with disbelief.

Par hum pehle se dekh rhe hai na, humari movie chhut jayegi(But I am already watching, I will miss my movie). I whined again.

Tu ye har sunday dekhti hai(you watch this every sunday). Bhai stated.

That doesn't matter. I said frowning.

Now, I will come and turn off the TV, if you both don't stop your bickering. Mummy yelled from dinning table irritated by us and that is enough for us to know that we should stop.

Bhai, remote hume de dein warna hum mummy ko bta denge ki, wo aap the jisne nayi wali cup todi thi kissi billi ne nhi(Bhai, give me the remote, otherwise I will tell mummy that it was you who broke the new cup, not a cat). I said smirking and he looked at with wide eyes.

But you said that you will not tell mummy, if I got your Netflix subscription done. He said in disbelief and I just shrugged forwarding my hand for remote while he huffed giving me the same.

You are just like her, evil. He said, pointing to the  Mother Gothel of Rapunzel from Tangled that I was watching and I ignored him royally while he sat there sulking.

We looked at each other when the door bell rang.

Tu jana(you go). Bhai said pushing me to answer the door bell.

No, you go, last time too, I opened so it's your turn. I said pushing him.

You both sit, I'll come and open. Mummy yelled from kitchen and I looked at bhai.

No mummy, bhai is going. I yelled and looked at bhai

Will you go or may i tell mummy about the cup. I asked bhai and he went muttering something under his breath, probably cursing me while I shrugged and turned off the TV as the credits rolled.

What is this?. I asked taking the polythene bag from my papa's hand as he walked in.

Jalebi and rabri, for you. He said and I grinned.

Lunch is plated. Mummy called us.

You both go, I'll wash my hands and face first. Papa said and we nodded before walking to dinning table.

Chhole, chawal!. I exclaimed happily and bhai frowned.

Chhole with chawal is best combination.