Chapter 45: Miracles of Evolution

Start from the beginning

"They want to... battle?" I said, confused.

Chloe and I glanced at each other, and I could tell she was as confused as I was. What were our Eevee trying to do?

"Well, I guess..." Chloe looked unsure.

We stood behind our respective Eevee. This battle was definitely unfair; one glance told us my Eevee was way stronger than hers. But nonetheless, we respected their wishes

I scratched my head passively. "You can go first, Chloe."

Chloe once again gave me her signature glare but said nothing. "Eevee, Bite."

Her Eevee pounced at mine, opening her mouth, which began to form dark, malignant energy that coated her teeth.

"Quick Attack," I ordered calmly.

My Eevee burst with the silver energy of Quick Attack, which was for some reason more powerful than before, and leapt at Chloe's Eevee like a blur, striking her and flinging her back.

"Vee..." Chloe's Eevee yelped in pain, tumbling to the ground. Despite the significant damage done to her, she remained standing. Once again, I questioned the point of this battle.

"Swift," I said.

Eevee flicked her tail, shooting an arc of stars.
'Copycat, Eevee," Chloe said, sounding even more doubtful.

Her Eevee's eyes flashed briefly. She flicked her tail in the same manner as my Eevee, shooting a smaller stream of stars in return. My Eevee's Swift overpowered Chloe's and struck her, knocking her backward five feet. She breathed heavily, and it was clear she could not take much more, but still, she remained standing and faced my Eevee.

"Eevee," she said to her.

My Eevee's figure began to flicker with silver light as she walked closer to Chloe's.

"Chloe, you should stop your Eevee," I cautioned. "She can't take much more."

But Chloe looked distracted. "No, can't you see it? Eevee is trying to tell her something."

I studied Chloe's Eevee one last time and saw that she was right. She had an intense, searching gaze as she stared into my Eevee's eyes. She was trying to tell her something.

"Evori," my Eevee nodded, her violet eyes glowing.

Chloe and I gasped when flickering wisps of brilliance streamed out of Eevee, materializing into two familiar figures.

***

Vermilion Forest
The same Jolteon that Vali saved from those Team Rocket grunts was sleeping in a cool thicket, a pile of Berries laying next to it. The thicket was very hidden, so it was a safe spot for the Jolteon to live in.

Suddenly, a strange sensation roused the Jolteon awake. Its eyes snapped open and it warily looked around, but saw nothing. An instinct brought it to its feet as it waited...

It began to glow with yellow light. Closing its eyes, it succumbed to this sensation, disappearing...

***