𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 - 𝐏𝐭. 𝟏

Start from the beginning

Alistair's response etched with a blend of concern and frustration. "Scott—" His voice was firm, bordering on stern.

"I bit him, Al, I bit Liam." Scott interrupted, his words a torrent of guilt and anxiety. "I-I had to do it to save him."

Alistair's jaw clenched, struggling to contain his anger and concern. "Where are you, Scott? Where is Liam?" The Keeper had to concentrate hard enough to not curse the alpha over the phone, that was reserved for when he saw him.

"My house. Please come," Scott's plea was tinged with urgency, and before Alistair could offer further inquiry, the line went dead.

Alistair's exhale was heavy, the weight of the situation settling upon him like a heavy cloak. He gripped the steering wheel, guiding the car onto the road that led to Scott's home.

Beside him, Michelle spoke. "You need to relax," as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Alistair's response was tinged with sarcasm and pretended understanding. "Oh, thank you, Mi. How could I not have thought of that?" His voice dripped with mock admiration.

Michelle's eyes rolled in response, a retort poised on the tip of her tongue. "Okay, asshole, there's no need for that sarcasm," she shot back, her tone a mixture of exasperation and affection as she smiled.

Alistair's lips quirked in a wry smile. "Yes, there is. It's impossible to relax in this town. We couldn't even have two weeks before someone went on a killing spree," he countered with a sigh.

Michelle countered with a glint of dry humor. "Fair point. Although, we actually we did enjoy three weeks after that."

"You have a point," Alistair admitted with a hint of amusement.

Changing the subject, Michelle probed with a teasing tone. "So, why are you all worked up about Liam? Ready to come out of the single game again?"

A knowing smirk curled Alistair's lips. "I don't know. He's adorable. But you seem to be the one eager to get on him."

A hint of embarrassment danced across Michelle's features as she evaded eye contact and her cheeks colored. She cleared her throat, attempting to regain her composure. "Maybe he's cute."

"Yeah, maybe," Alistair chuckled, the tension of their situation momentarily lightened as they continued their journey toward Scott's home.

Standing outside Scott's house, Alistair exited the car, requesting for Michelle to stay inside. Before proceeding, he leaned toward Michelle's window, imparting a pointed statement. "Oh, and just for the record. He's all yours." As the words escaped his lips, a mix of playful tease and fun honesty. Michelle's sharp intake of breath indicated her surprise, and he just moved away laughing.

The door to the house was unlocked, prompting Alistair to venture inside and make his way upstairs. The sound of voices reached his ears, guiding him to Scott's room.

Stepping into the room, Alistair got glimpses of Stiles talking to Liam, something about the boy possibly dying. A note of panic underscored Stiles' words. "Is-Is he crying?"

Alistair took in the scene in front of him: Liam bound to a chair in duct tape, his cheeks wet by tears. The force of his voice echoed through the room, "You kidnapped him?!" Startled, every gaze in the room fell upon him, their confusion and panic evident.

Scott's attempt to defend their actions was met with a skeptical arch of Alistair's brow. "Al, it's not what it looks like," Scott's voice wavered.

Fixing his gaze on Stiles and then shifting it to Scott, Alistair's voice dripped with incredulous disbelief. "So, you didn't kidnap him and tie him to a chair?" The sarcastically rhetorical question lingered in the air.