new thumbnail

first of all, let's take a look at the original one

first of all, let's take a look at the original one...space themed, like a lot of my stuff, me just in the corner.

pros:
• nice title/logo that matches the theme. it says the full name of the book, and was designed to look like my youtube watermark

 it says the full name of the book, and was designed to look like my youtube watermark

(this)
• it's simple. it's not overcrowded or anything, just being a blank spacey background with a logo and me.

cons:
• the composition is...odd. i'm off to the side, so you can barely see me, and the logo is right in the middle, leaving unfilled space to the left.
• i look weird. this design is an old one, before my lamp tail and even before me having the iconic teal bow!!!! it doesn't match how i look nowadays, so it feels weird to look at.
• it's basic. you know how i said it's simple, right? that's okay, but it takes it a little far. there's really not much going on. it looks like a paused frame in one of my old crappy intro animations, where i'm just popping up next to the name of the channel. that's not gonna catch anyone's eye.
• the COLOURS!!! i look so intrusive in this picture because my colours don't match with the rest of it! it's calm and dark but them your eye hits the bottom-right and you're greeted to this blonde-haired, blobby stick-figure (which new viewers aren't gonna know about!) that i barely even tried to blend in. i knew how to use blending modes, but i just didn't use them!
• the bad lineless art. i rarely do lineless art, only on special occasions or if i have an idea where i think it'd work better. and you can see this by how bad it looks...the colours don't feel distinct, there's not an ounce of shading to differentiate the sections of my body, and it just looks lazily done.

now, here's the new cover...

drumroll please...

...

...

...

ta-da!!!

ta-da!!!

here i am!!! don't i look lovely, floating through the void? <3

i kept the space theme, since it's a big thing in my ✨️aesthetic✨️ but this time i've got my updated design, shading, and a style that reflects myself and my passions in art a lot more!

tell me what you think right here:

anyways, thanks for reading, and thanks for 3k views! i never believed i'd get so far making this silly little book, but here i am <3