woah ong the wholesome stapoldy???

ok i know i don't own the FFF AU, but cmon if i see a chance at wholesome stapoldy content i'm TAKING IT-

plus it was my post that inspired this part anyways-

also all lowercase cus i'm just aesthetic like that ✨️✨️ plus this was originally written in my notes app and using proper capitalization looks weird in notes??? idk???

☆~

stapy wasn't quite sure how long this had taken. it felt like one culminating moment, the focal point of his entire life. the point in time where he knew it could only get better.

reality was still settling in on him.

he was a dad now.

it only felt like weeks ago when he and foldy were kids. when their group of seven was still...together. when they'd all play together and talk about their futures.

he didn't expect back then that this would be how it'd turn out.

foldy leaned back as the doctor walked into the room, carrying a tiny little object. two pink sheets of paper and a staple, which was holding them together in the corner, like a booklet.

they set the baby down next to foldy. his wife. his beautiful, perfect wife who had gone through hell and back for the two of them. who had always trusted him, even when he did stupid things or was distracted or wrong.

"congratulations, you two," the doctor said. "here's your new daughter." they walked away after a moment.

stapy smiled. he was still holding onto foldy's side, like he had been the whole time. he ran his hand down that side, before letting go.

"can i hold her?" stapy asked.

"of course you can," foldy said tiredly.

stapy once again looked down at his daughter. she was so tiny; small enough that she would barely be taller than his two hands stacked on top of each other if she was sitting up.

he gently pulled her off of the bed.

"hi, little booklet." he held her up with both hands, then pulled her in closely.

"is that what we're going to name her?" foldy asked.

"if you like it."

"i love it."

for one moment, stapy looked back up at foldy's tired, smiling face. then he looked back down, at booklet.

he watched as her two little eyes fluttered open. she stared up at her dad, blinking a couple times. her arms reached up and out for him, a tiny little smile appearing on her face.

stapy couldn't contain his emotions anymore.

he burst out crying. he was still smiling more than probably ever before, though. tears streaked down his face as he cradled his little perfect daughter in his arms.

foldy looked over at him. "are you okay?" she asked, a genuine look of concern in her eyes. (he didn't cry very often.)

"oh my fulcrum, i'm doing amazing," stapy said. "i just...i just love her so much, and i love you so much, and you did so good...i love you two more than anything in the entire world. thank you. thank you so much, for being here."

"i love you too, stapy." foldy moved over and leaned against his side. "meeting you was the best thing that ever happened to me...thank you. thank you for always sticking with me. thank you for always loving me. i wouldn't be here- no, i wouldn't be anywhere without you. i love you so much."

"i think you beat me in the sappy speech department." stapy joked, closing his eyes.

"tie?"

"tie."

he re-opened his eyes to look back down at booklet. he guessed that at some point during their "sappy speeches," she'd fallen asleep. or maybe earlier? either way, his daughter was no longer awake.

he looked at the tiny, sleeping object, who had both of her arms wrappeed around one of his hands. she was breathing peacefully, unknowing of what her parents had been through, of what their childhoods had entailed.

he held her close against himself, tears still falling from his eyes. i swear, to whatever god, whatever deity that's out there, that she won't have to suffer like we did. that she'll never have to worry about liy or maple or anyone from our past. that she'll get to be the happiest little piece of paper in the world (tied with foldy, of course). that she'll get to live peacefully.

stapy sighed.

"i love you two," he whispered. "you're the best family i could ever ask for."

~☆

(750 words!)