too late 💔✨️🌵🌊🌌 | stapoldy

i started writing this in school because i was done my work and was being annoying so the teacher just said like "go write a book!" and i was confused and she was like "you were talking about doing creative writing so go write a book!"
i asked her if i could write fanfiction and she said yes so here i am right now 💀💀💀
oh yeah also this was the angst idea i was talking about

-----

Stapy was so excited.

   The EXITors were free! They’d simply bugged Four so much that he finally let them leave that stupid classroom. 
   Now, they were on their way back to The Golden Forest, (where Foldy is!) which was a strange name now, because according to Ruby, their driver, it was no longer golden. 

   "We're almost there!" Ruby called in a cheerful sing-song, glancing back at the others in the car. She winced, seeming a little sad, as she looked over at Pencil and Match, who were chatting about whatever (Stapy couldn't catch what they were saying) and were paying no attention to Ruby.

   Stapy gazed out the window closest to him, taking a moment to look at the grass, which was now a warm yellow, replacing the bright green that it once was. And up ahead, he saw a tall hotel, which, strangely, had the Bathrooms building on top, as if the hotel had sprouted out from beneath it. He also saw multiple of the former BFB contestants walking around the field, sitting on benches, and talking with each other. He didn't see Foldy anywhere, but he did spot Marker talking with Lightning, Fanny, and some of Death P.A.C.T's old members.
   Are they a team now? Stapy asked himself. 

   Before he knew it, they were close to the hotel, and the SuperVan stopped moving. He once again scanned the area through the windows but Foldy wasn't there.
   The doors opened and the SuperVan was suddenly surrounded by contestants, likely confused on why 1. what The FreeSmart SuperVan was doing here, and 2. why it was full of eliminated contestants. A few of the EXITors simply walked off. Bracelety started looking for Ice Cube (although, she didn't exactly "walk off," more like, "run away screaming Ice Cube's name,") David and Dora went through opposite sides of the crowd, casting angry looks at each other as they both walked away silently, and 8-Ball left to look for Basketball.
   Stapy decided that if he couldn't find Foldy, (which he couldn't,) then he'd just ask Marker where she was. He pushed through the crowd, where Marker and most of the people he was talking to were still waiting. 

   "Stapy!" Marker called, smiling widely. "How'd you get back here?" 
   "Annoying Four until he let us go!" Stapy responded as he sat down next to the others. "But…where's Foldy?" 

   The saddened expression that crossed Marker's face made Stapy realize something that his friend didn't even have to clarify; the worst fear he'd had coming back to The Golden Forest had come true.
   "Oh, Stapy," Marker said. "She was eliminated."
   Stapy's eyes widened. He could already feel tears forming in them. "W-what?" He asked. 

   He finally got what the later-eliminated contestants had said Foldy had done when she learned he'd gotten eliminated. He was probably the most upset that he'd ever been. 
   How do we have this luck? She dies, I get eliminated, she's recovered without getting to say goodbye, and now as soon as I finally get back, she's eliminated too?! Are we ever going to be together again…?
   The words finally crossed Stapy's mind as tears began to drip down his face.

   I'm too late.