Chapter 24

The Barcelona sun rose over the city and leaked the curtains of Lando's and Arribella's room. "Mmm, 5 minutes." Lando groans as his alarm goes off. Arri's still laid ontop of him, snuggled into his chest. "Unfortunately it's another day and you have a team event this afternoon so you need to get up." Arribella whispers, as she's still asleep ontop of her boyfriend. "Are you busy today?" Lando asks, his hand running through his morning bed hair. "No. Now turn your alarm off and let me sleep." Arri mutters as she falls back into a deep sleep.

Lando chuckles at her before softly kissing her hair and carefully laying her beside him and getting up and ready. The moment he was in his McLaren team wear, Lando smiles at Arribella oblivious to what was happening around her. He marvels at the sight and fact that she gets to sleep in as she has nothing to do while he is at a McLaren event.

"I'll be back soon. Make sure you eat something from the snack draw and a drink from the cupboard on my side of the bed. Lan x" he write on some paper and leave it ontop of her phone before grabbing his things and leaving the room, quietly shutting the door behind him. Walking down the corridor, Lando meets Oscar on the way to the lift. "No Arri?" the young Australian asks. "Not today. She's still asleep." Lando shrugs. "You're definitely jealous that she gets to sleep in and you don't." Oscar laughs.

Back in the hotel room, Arribella woke up to peace and a cold bed beside her. She looks and notices it's empty before reaching for her phone, feeling the paper ontop of it. She grabs ahold of the piece of paper before reading what was on it. She smiles at Lando's note before reaching over to the draw on his share of the bed and taking out a cereal bar to eat as well as a milkshake.

Other than responding to some work emails on her phone, Arribella laid on the bed for most of the day enjoying the rare peace, watching whatever was on the TV and when she found nothing to watch as she didn't understand what was being said, Arri grabbed her laptop and loaded up netflix and put on Shameless which is what she is currently binge watching. She didn't realize what time is was until she looked at her phone to see if Lando had messaged telling she's on his way back. The fashion brand owner took it upon herself to order room service as she was too comfortable to move and still in her pajamas.

The food she ordered arrived in just over 10 minutes and it was an immediate dig in for her as she was extending hungry and the cereal bar didn't fully fill her. After she ate her food and drank her cup of hot chocolate, Arribella laid down and instantly fell asleep. She didn't realize what a day of no productivity can do and how tired it makes you.

Once the event was over, Lando returns to the hotel and instantly went up to his room. Walking in, he immediately sees Arri laid asleep in the bed, her head laid on the duvet as the trolly of empty plates beside her. He pushes it out the room and puts his shoes next to hers and takes his top off before sliding his jeans off, carefully lifting her head onto his lap as he sat beside her.

Gently, he runs his fingers through her hair as she snuggled into his lap. Lando smiles to himself at the sight of his girlfriend. It was already a fairly tale and Lando knows that on a race weekend, Arri likes to get to sleep as early as she can. Softly kissing her cheek, Lando lays down and moves her up carefully, trying not to wake her, so she's laid with her head on his chest.