Chapter 6 - Spite

I make it back to my apartment after taking the long way home, blaring my music and feeling the cool night breeze rush through my hair as I had my windows down.

The elevator reaching my floor, I step out and unlock my door feeling excited to finally be home. I head straight to the shower feeling the need to wash off the day, feeling the hot water rush over me as my mind drifts reluctantly to Choso and how he's on my mind 24/7 now for some unknown reason.

Shaking the throughs from my head I turn off the shower and grab my light pink towel when I hear someone banging at the door.

At my door, at this hour?

Wrapping myself up I rush to the door hearing the banging continue, whipping open the door is none other then Choso.

"Um you want to tell me what the hell you're doing?" I irritatingly asked.

He looks me down taking in my still wet skin and the towel hugging my curves as he drags his dark eyes back up to me. I feel my face heat up when he crosses his arms, giving me a look of hunger and hatred.

"What did you and that red haired man talk about."

"Seriously? None of your damn business, go away." I shout as I go to slam the door.

He stops it with his foot and pushes the door back open, I automatically took a step back while he stepped in.

"Seriously y/n, enough games. Tell me what you two spoke about." He says emotionless.

"Tell me why you have this vendetta against me first."

"What vendetta."

"Don't play dumb Choso. Everyone says how nice and shy you are and blah blah blah, but you treat me like trash even after helping me. So what gives?" I say angrily crossing my arms.

"Are you trying to intimidate me right now? Because it's not working." He says tilting his head to the side.

"Fuck you." I spit.

"I have nothing against you, I just think you're... what's the word... dense."

I was in so much shock that I almost dropped my arms and my towel with it. Clutching it closer to my chest, I step forward. "What the fuck did you just say to me?" I say venomously.

"You heard me. Now tell me what he said." He deadpans.

"I'm going to smack that stupid tattoo off your face if you don't get out right now."

A flicker of amusement crosses his face until it goes back to boredom. "I'd like to see you try little girl."

"Get the fuck out, NOW!" I shout at him.

He glares at me before stepping out of the room, me right behind him slamming the door and locking it twice.

"Ugh what the fuck is wrong with him, I'll rip those stupid little space buns right out of his damn head!" I yell out to myself.

Going back to the bathroom I angrily get ready for bed while continuing to curse out Choso's name even more when I get a text on my phone.

Leo-
You free tomorrow? Let me take you out gorgeous.

I feel my gut go against him for a weird reason, but knowing that Choso seems to have a thing against him I decide to entertain this man purely out of spite.

Me-
Yes I am, let me know when :)

••••

"Wow it's such a beautiful day, I'm glad you decided to take me out." I say to Leo with a smile.

He picked me up around 2 to go downtown for some late lunch and shopping. Since it's so warm out I decided on wearing a short pale orange sun dress with sandals, leaving my hair down.

"Yes well I'm happy you decided to answer." He says smiling back. "So, what made you want to work at a strip club?"

"Well I needed a job, and I always wanted to be a dancer if I'm going to be honest." I chuckle.

"Fair enough. Do you like your coworkers at all?"

"Oh yes of course! They're all great, absolutely couldn't ask for better people. Well, except for one."

He cocks an eyebrow. "Oh? Who's the unlucky person?"

"The new bartender." I sigh.

"Oh him, I know him you know." He states much to my surprise.

"Really, how?"

"We used to.. work together. He left the job and left us hanging, so I don't actually care for him all that much." He says with a small grin.

"Well that makes two of us."

After more walking randomly in and out of stores I had him drive me home since I have another shift at the club tonight.

"So, dancing or serving tonight sweetheart?"

"It's a surprise." I grin back.

"Ah I see. Well, I'll try and make it a point to come out tonight." He says teasingly. "Also, if you have any problems with Choso, be sure to tell me, okay?"

Interesting.

"Oh yeah, for sure..."

Waving goodbye I rush back up to my apartment to start getting ready for my stage shift tonight thinking about what he said.

So, they both knew each other and now they both want to know what the other one is saying through me?

Yeah no, fuck that.

I do my signature smoky eye with blood red lips, my hair loosely curled down my chest. I pick out my outfit for tonight as a grin forms on my face.

I'm not going to be anyone's lap dog.

_______