Part 19: Arthur(Kal) VS Bairon

Blaine Glayder POV:

Still a few minutes before the first match starts. Time for me to try messing with King Eralith's head a little.

"So, King Eralith, I've heard some amazing rumors...about your daughter awakening?"

There's no way this could be true. This is probably some propaganda the Elves are making up, to seem tough. After all, they lost plenty of mages from the war.

"Ah yes. It's true, my daughter just awakened, at the young age of 8."

"That's amazing!" Priscilla chimes in. "You must be very proud of her! She must be the youngest mage to ever awaken!"

I nod along with her, putting on a fake smile. Damn it, what rotten luck. I thought I was getting ahead with that Bladeheart kid awakening at 9 years of age and reaching light yellow so quickly...

The Eraliths will definitely buy many beast cores for their daughter to absorb mana from. Maybe I should start sending more beast cores to the Bladehearts...

I can't afford to lose any more ground in terms of young talented mages!

3rd Person POV:

Just as the stands of the arena are completely filled, an announcer steps out into the field holding a sound-amplifying artifact.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the Tri-Tournament at the Glayder Arena! Today is a special day as we come together to celebrate the long-awaited unity of the humans, elves, and dwarves!"

The crowd erupts in applause and cheers.

"Before we get started, I would like to take a moment to recognize the three royal families that have graced us with their presence today. Please join me in welcoming:"

"From the esteemed elven realm, King Alduin and Queen Merial!"

The elven royals wave gracefully to the crowd.

"From the great human kingdom, King Blaine and Queen Priscilla!"

The human royals acknowledge the cheers with a regal nod.

"And from the sturdy dwarven stronghold, King Dawsid and Queen Glaudera!"

The dwarven royals receive a thunderous ovation from the crowd.

"Now, let's move on to the exciting part of today's event, the matchups! There are 8 representatives from each of the 3 kingdoms that will face off in a single elimination bracket."

"Without further ado, let's introduce the first two contestants!"

"Hailing from the Human Kingdom, Bairon Wykes!"

Bairon walks onto the field. He is clad in polished metal armor that covers his entire body, except for his head. As he takes his position on one side of the field, he summons a fancy-looking spear from his dimension ring that is crafted from expensive parts of multiple mana beasts. Bairon slams the rear end of the spear on the ground, and the impressed human citizens in the crowd cheer.

"And hailing from the Elven Kingdom, Kal-El!"

There are loud cheers from the elves in the crowd, that somewhat lessen in intensity as Arthur walks out. Arthur draws many curious stares, many wondering why he is hidden behind his mask and hood.

Various speculations float throughout the crowd as Arthur walks into position.

"That guy looks kinda small, is that a kid?"