Part 22: Arthur (Kal) VS Mica

Arthur Leywin POV:

*DING*

"Mica saw how you defeated Bairon Wykes so easily, Mica won't hold back against you!" Mica yells to me, as she leaps high into the air. She floats around 10 meters high, above the center of the field.

--Gravity x20--

Mica's gravity magic covers the entire field, significantly increasing the gravity. My body's increased weight causes the ground underneath me to crack, and my knees bend to keep my balance.

It seems hard to conjure spells to attack from a distance, so I guess I'll have to wait for her to approach, and then attack.

Mica summons a gigantic hammer, and flies towards me.

--Gravity Magic: Amplified Smash--

"Take this!" Mica yells as she swings at me.

I'll meet her with an attack of my own!

--Aero Boost + Full Augmentation + Super Strength--

My augmented wind clad fist meets Mica's hammer swing, and a deafening shockwave flies outwards from the impact, sending both of us flying. My back slams into the arena wall, denting it and causing rubble to crumble off from it. Mica gets sent flying upwards, and she uses her flying ability to slow down and stop.

Mica looks at her hammer. She looks shocked, as most of it is completely destroyed.

"Mica can't believe you destroyed my hammer without breaking a sweat! That was an expensive gift from King Greysunder to Mica! "

--Rock Wave--

Mica gathers debris around her, and also summons chunks of hard earth from the ground, and sends them flying at me

That Kaspian guy used an interesting technique, good thing I used Realmheart to observe how it works!

--Realmheart--

--Air Platform--

Using Realmheart to help me mimic Kaspian's magic, I create a flat panel of wind magic in front of me, and it stays strong as Mica's attack crashes into it. But I don't notice Mica flying in right behind her attack, with her right arm clad with rock armor.

--Rock Fist--

Mica smashes through, breaking the wind panel I conjured. She quickly follows up with the same attack, but with her left first, aiming at me. I block with my arms crossed, and the rock armor on her left fist shatters. But Mica doesn't relent, and starts punching at me repeatedly, conjuring new rock armor to cover her fists whenever they break on impact.

--Rock Fist Barrage--

Oh no! If this continues, my clothes might get damaged too much to hide my identity!

I gather wind mana, and use a new spell to push Mica away.

--Sideways Cyclone--

As Mica gets sent flying backwards, I quickly conjure a new Air Platform behind her. As she collides with it, I conjure 5 more panels, and enclose her inside a cube shape of Air Platforms. Mica covers her body with rock armor, and starts hitting all the panels with a barrage of strikes. I activate Realmheart again, and funnel as much ambient wind mana as I can to regenerate the cube before it can be shattered and allow Mica to escape.

"Mica cannot be held! Mica will break free!!"

--Reverse Gravity Flux--

Mica adds a gravity spell to push outwards to try to break the shield. How can I counter this gravity spell? Using plant or earth magic probably won't help...

Wait...Realmheart is still on! I can see how Mica uses gravity magic right now! Maybe I should try using gravity magic in the opposite direction...

--Converging Gravity Flux--

Steadily, I increase the mana I use to match the opposite shape of Mica's gravity magic spell, and the effect of Mica's spell gradually disappears.

"What?! Why is Mica's spell not working? You can also use gravity magic?!"

3rd Person POV:

At this point in the match, King Blaine is once again shocked, and desperately calculating what to do.

It is common knowledge that elves cannot access gravity deviant mana. And yet, this masked figure in front of him has already displayed familiarity with wind, earth, and plant magic, and is displaying some basic usage of gravity.

Other than the elven royals, Aya and Alea, everyone is shocked by the abilities of Kal-El. Older and experienced mages can already tell that Kal was not used to gravity magic, but has already mastered it enough to counter Mica's powerful Reverse Gravity Flux spell.

"F***!" Blaine thinks to himself. "This Kal-El guy just learned gravity magic by facing a gravity mage...what if he learns how to use the ice deviant by facing Varay later?! I can't let that happen!!"

King Blaine signals to one of his guards, and tells him to send a message to Varay, telling her to lose to Kaspian on purpose.

After meeting with a younger Kaspian Bladeheart in previous years, King Blaine is already starting to suspect that Kal is a child who awakened early. However, King Blaine (and others) still think Kal is probably an elf, due to the plant magic usage and him fighting for the elves.

"Damn it! If Alduin really got his hands on another young talent, this is ridiculous!!" Blaine continues to think to himself. "He would just throw his daughter at Kal to get him under his thumb...that would make Alduin's grandchildren have extremely high potential as mages...how am I going to find strong partners for Curtis and Kathlyn and have my grandchildren's talent up to par..."

After a few more minutes of Mica struggling to break through Kal's wind panels, she gives up and surrenders the match.