Part 8: House of El III

Arthur Leywin POV:

*6am the next morning, on the carriage*

"Were you floating, brat?"

"What?"

"Yesterday, during our spar, when you augmented yourself with wind and punched my wind wall, you seemed to be hovering a bit above the ground."

"I guess so? I'm not good at controlling it, I think that was the second time that happened."

"Only very high level mages should be able to do this..."

"How high? What core level?"

"Only a white core mage can fly at will."

"Wait, are you a white core mage? Can you fly?"

"Haha, no, I'm only at mid-silver, I can only try using gusts of wind, so not really. You're only a dark orange core mage, so this is strange...Maybe because you are a quadra-elemental?"

He throws his hands up.

"Ah well! It's already unbelievable you've already awakened so early, and reached this core level already..."

He turns to look outside the window.

"I guess I'll ask her about this as well...", he whispers to himself.

"Ask who?"

"...You could hear me muttering under my breath, brat?! Jeez..."

"I'm sorry!"

"It's okay, you're about to find out soon anyways..."

3rd Person POV:

Arthur, Tessia, and Virion arrive at the edge of a forest. They walk for 20 minutes, much to Tessia's annoyance.

Suddenly, they find themselves inside a heavy fog. Where did this come from? Aren't they already inside the Elven Kingdom? There should be no fog from the Elshire forest here...

Virion: Tessia, Arthur, stay close. It's not fog from the forest. Only members of the royal family and a few special persons know the path through this particular fog.

Arthur: Uhh, what is this fog hiding? Should I even be here? Since this is for royals only...

Virion: The person we're about to meet asked me to bring you here. Well, Tessia as well, for some reason. I'm about to find out as well...

After ANOTHER brutal 10 mins of walking (brutal for the sleep deprived children), the fog begins to lift, and reveal...

Tessia: A cave? Why are we going inside a cave, grandpa?

Virion: Little one...this cave is of great significance to our family, more importantly, the history of the Elven royal family.

Arthur: Weird...

Tessia: What's weird, Art?

Arthur: I feel like something inside the cave is pulling me in...like there's a missing piece of myself, that I'll find there...

Virion: *pats Arthur on his back* Well, you're quite a vivid talker, for a 4 year old, hmm?

Arthur: Uh, sorry, I don't know why I said that just now.

Virion: Let's go in!

The 3 of them step inside the cave, and...

The cave contains ruins! Inscriptions from long ago!