22

From my window sill, I watched as Lisa directed the movers, who were packing the moving truck with her boxes. The week had flown by in a blur. I took the rest of the week off, faking illness and just lying in bed, wondering when the pain in my heart was going to stop, but unfortunately for me, it never did, it only grew worse, especially since it was Saturday and Lisa was moving out.

I hadn't seen Karina since I saw her the other day, but then again, I'd only showered and left my room for the first time today since I found Karina and Lisa together.

The smell coming off of my body was too overwhelming this morning, so I gave in and took a shower, which was a bad idea since I just stared at Lisa's toothbrush in the shower and cried over the fact that I wouldn't see that toothbrush in the shower anymore. I contemplated stealing it for my own sick purposes but refrained from going batshit crazy on her. Instead, I just emptied the remaining shampoo that was in my bottle and filled it with some of Lisa's, so I would at least smell her for the next couple of showers.

Pathetic? Yup, that was me, pathetic with a capital P.

When I wasn't lying around, I was writing, fixing the problems in my life through the words in my book. I made sure my two main characters were always together, no matter what they faced, they wound up together. There was no break-up, no apex in the story where everything came crashing down, I was too raw to write such a thing. No, they were going to be together forever. If I couldn't make it happen in real life, then I sure as hell was going to make it happen in my book.

Currently, I was that wishy-washy girl who went back and forth between loving and hating Lisa. I hated her because she moved on within minutes after we yelled at each other on Sunday, but then again, I was the one who started it all, so did I really have the right to blame her? No, I didn't.

Jisoo tried to come into my room and convince me to talk to Lisa, but after the second time of her hanging in, I started barricading my door with a chair. I didn't want visitors. I just wanted to smell, be lonely, and lay in the dark.

Bo-hyun came up to Lisa and patted her on the back while giving her a handshake. I hated that Bo-hyun and Jisoo were helping her. I mean, I get it why, they were friends, but the bitter person living in my shell of a body wanted them to hate Lisa, which was ludicrous. Lisa hadn't done anything to them, no she only wrapped me around her finger, made me love her, and then just tossed me away.

That was a lie, she didn't toss me away...that was the bitter part of me talking. The bitter me made up lies in my head as to what happened tried to convince my brain that all of this was because of Lisa, she'd ruined everything, not me. But the sensible side of me knew Bitter Betty was just trying to get her revenge.

The movers closed up the back of the truck and started pulling away from the curb. Jisoo gave Lisa a hug and then shrugged her shoulders when she pulled away. All three of them, at the same, time looked up toward my window, making me duck behind my curtain. My stealth-like moves were telling me I went undetected, but the way all three of them were shaking their heads after I took a peek told me I was slower than I thought.

I didn't care...if they saw me, they saw me. What use was it going to do now?

I watched as Lisa took out her phone and started typing, probably calling Karina to see if she wanted something to eat for lunch. That was the kind of person Lisa was, always thinking ahead and making sure you were well taken care of.

Damn.

My phone beeped with a text message, drawing me from my thoughts. I checked it and saw that it was Lisa.

Lisa: Jennie, come down here and say goodbye. Just don't stare at us from up there.

Mortification ran through me from her calling me out.