7

Embarrassment from last night kept me from rising early and working out like I normally did. Instead, I rested in my bed and stared up at my ceiling as Jisoo's kitchen singing floated under my door. It was waffle Saturday, and I could smell her homemade treats filter in to my bedroom, tempting me, but not enough for me to drag my sorry carcass out of bed.

Last night was so perfect in the fact that Atticus was a brilliant dance partner and a real joy to be with. He was cute, sweet, and had some really good moves. He didn't mind dancing, which was always a turn on, and the guy could smile to the point that I felt myself melting every time he cheesed it in my direction.

I really thought we had something going for us, until my leg spasmed and connected directly with his unsuspecting crotch. I watched in distress as Drew helped Atticus off the ground and escorted him out of the club, while the poor guy crouched in a fetal position and shuffled away. I found out later that night from Chahee that Atticus lost his cookies outside of the club from the pain and was too embarrassed and in pain to come back in the club, and that was the end to my date.

A soft knock played at my door, as Lisa's smooth voice flowed through.

"Jennie, come have breakfast, love."

"I'm not moving from this bed," I called out, as I placed my pillow over my head.

Lisa let herself in my bedroom and sat next to me. She pulled my pillow away and looked down at me with soft eyes. She was wearing a sports bra, like usual on Saturday mornings, and was wearing a thin pair of grey sweatpants that sat low on her hips. Her bangs were messed and pushed to the side, while there was a light five o'clock shadow gracing her jaw.

It was unfair to have such a hot roommate.

"You can't stay in here all day. Come have breakfast with us, love."

"I can't. I'm too mortified to do anything."

"It wasn't that bad, Jennie."

"Not that bad?" I replied, as I sat up and looked Lisa in the eyes. "Lisa, I kicked my date in the balls, to the point where he had to step outside to throw up from how hard I kicked him. I reverted his balls back to undescended testicles."

Chuckling and not caring to hide it, Lisa said, "Don't give yourself that much credit; you weren't kicking that hard." Trying to sweetly console me, she rubbed my back as I beat myself up about last night.

"He turned green!" I admitted.

"That is invalid information. There was no way in that lighting you could see his face turn green; it's practically impossible to make such an assessment. We have to scratch that statement from the record," she joked, trying to bring light to the situation.

"I hate that you're enjoying this."

"I'm not enjoying it," Lisa softened some more and grabbed my hand. "I'm just trying to show you it's not the end of the world."

"It is! I actually liked him, Lisa. I felt like maybe we could have had something."

"You still could," she tried to encourage me.

"Lisa, pretty sure I burned that bridge the minute my foot connected with his nut sac."

"You never know; he might have liked it..."

"There is something wrong with you," I said, as I threw my blankets off of me and put on my slippers as I headed out toward the kitchen, where Jisoo was spinning around. Bo-hyun sat at the bar and watched Jisoo with dreamy eyes. They would be getting married at some point in time; it was obvious by the way he admired her. If only I had someone like Bo-hyun, minus the hideous name.