21

You flinched, while Jonas yelled as well.

"Ren, calm down," you said, aloud, holding onto his hands. His brown eyes glinted as he looked very frightened.

"Holy mother of god- you guys," he whispered.

"God, Ren," seethed Jonas.

"Okay okay," he said, breathing deeply, "Sorry, Y/N."

Ironically he apologized to you.

"Are you okay?" you said, tears welling in your eyes.

"Yeah, just give me a second. No, actually- give me a week. Wh-why is this- why is this happening? Thank you for coming by the way," he said, flashing a signature Ren smile. You could smell his Whitner's floss because he was so close to you.

"Sure," said Jonas, crossing his arms.

"Why is this happening!? I mean I've been here- I've visited this place like fifteen times!"

"um," you whispered.

Jonas stepped in, "Remember when we tuned something in the caves, Ren? That did something."

"Oh. Oh god. Did we curse the island?"

"No. It was actually me," admitted Jonas, "I went into the deeper in the cave and there was this talking triangle- which I tuned the radio to. And then....bam."

"Essh," Ren said, suddenly pulling you closer, to emphasize his next statement, "If we don't have our skin tomorrow- I'm blaming you."

Jonas' eyebrow twitched, an unfamiliar spark going through his eyes.

"Alright, I don't think you have to hold him any longer, Y/N. He seems capable of getting up himself."

Ren glared at him and you felt a strange aura in the air.

"Ren, you okay to stand?" you whispered.

"yeah," he said, not wanting to look weak, "I'm a man, Y/N."
He was only 16.

He slowly got up.

"So we head back to the comtower?" asked Jonas.

"It's kind of a short-cut back to the communication tower," informed Ren, since he's been to this island 15 times, "- if we go through the fence. Shouldn't take that long."

"Okay," you said.

"Fine," said Jonas.

The three of you began to head towards the communication tower.