6

You had to descend a couple dozen more steps before you reached the bottom.

A beam of brightness suddenly hits your eyes.

"And ladies and gentlemen," said Jonas, pointing a rectangular object at you, "I forgot I had a phone on me."

"You're hurting my eyes-" you winced, trying to block the light with the back of your hand.

"Sorry."

He aimed his phone to his right, and there you saw dirty beds.

"What's this?" you murmured, beginning to approach them.

A hand snatched your wrist.

You let out the loudest gasp, and Jonas instantly let you go.

"Sorry-sorry. It's just-we just don't know if those beds have diseases."

"Oh."

"I didn't mean to grab you like that."
"It's fine."

You step towards the left then, this time with Jonas' light shining on everything. You passed vines creeping in the old base, an old generator and this time you saw the next set of crumbling stairs and a door. Unfortunately it had a padlock.

"I'll go first," said Jonas, moving aside you, "Up these stairs- that door isn't going to open anytime soon and since I have the light."

You both begin climbing the stairs.

There was loud grumble, some static went over the corners of your vision-

And then Alex is at the top of the stairs, running to the right side.

"..ALEX," Jonas called, instantly sprinting after her and you couldn't keep up. He is definitely a jock.

Sweat pricking your forehead, you followed, passing a mirror and just as the door slammed behind Jonas.

"....Jonas?"

___________

This book is still alive! ;-;