17

You slowly approached the tape player.

A faint humming sound emitted from it, and when you touched it- it vibrated through your whole arm. You found yourself twisting the do-hickey.

It started...glowing.

A static sound went through your ears, and static went over your vision, and the tape player was gone.

________

You and Jonas walked towards the climbable rock wall.
"You climb first," he said, "Just in case...whatever."

You did slowly and steadiedly.

Jonas scaled the wall with ease. You both continued up a trail.

_________

You finally made it to the Relay Point.

WOO-HOO!
You excitedly begin to climb up mini rock walls and walk up trails- that caused rocks and gravel to go in your shoes and clutch to your uniform socks. Ren was near!

Jonas took hold of your arm suddenly,

"Y/N," he said, "Hey, just for me. I wanna know. Back at the bridge, why'd you flip the switch for me?"

You looked back at him, and without thinking you blurted out, "Because I care about you, Jonas." A playful smile came over your lips. "I don't want a cooked Jonas."

His eyes looked at you in, disbelief and surprise. Wide and shocked.

He slowly smiled.

"Alright, Ms.Dissappearance. Thank you."

____

"Alright that must be the way station."
Jonas took a deep breath as you walked up some stairs.

"Hey, Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"Mmm...I don't know. I just sometimes get these whiffs of...I can't think of the word for it."

You gave him a worried look.

"I'm fine," he instantly tried to reassure you.

At the top of the stairs was a small looking cabin. Either it was leaves crunching underneath your feet or Jonas' voice but someone darted out of the cabin immediately and engulfed you in a hug.

Ren?!