the seventh move

TRISHA AND VIKRAM sauntered around the fest, hand in hand

TRISHA AND VIKRAM sauntered around the fest, hand in hand. Trisha glanced at their locked hands. It was the first time someone had held her hands other than her family.

His hands were much bigger, feeling a little rougher than her own.

She didn't want to admit it, but she liked the feeling. It shocked her, how she seemed to have a crush on someone she hardly knew, someone who she only met a week back.

Trisha glanced at his broad back, in front of her. He was dangerous to her heart and her rationality.

He came to an abrupt stop. "Do you want to try that?"

Trisha followed his line of sight and saw a stall that had balloons and a gun at the side. "Sure."

The duo approached the stall. They were allowed a free turn at the balloon. They only had one turn, however. In a single turn, they could attempt three shots.

Trisha picked up the gun, first. It felt a little heavy. Struggling to angle her elbows and hold onto the weight of the gun, she shifted around. Vikram inched behind her and helped hold onto the gun.

His face was adjacent to her own.

"Now shoot."

She shot more out of the shock at their proximity than really trying to aim at a balloon. Miraculously, it shot down a balloon.

"You wanna try by yourself?"

Trisha nodded, without a sound. She again shot another balloon. Vikram gently took the gun from her.

"Which plushie do you want?"

Trisha's eyes moved to the dolls on the side. "The white rabbit one?"

Vikram nodded, aiming for a balloon. His stance and position was much better than hers. He looked...hot.

Trisha averted her eyes, red creeping up her neck.

He shot down the third consecutive balloon, winning the white rabbit plushie for her. He carried it, on her behalf, in one hand. The other hand crept into hers. "Let's go."

He looked so nonchalant about holding her hand. Trisha narrowed her eyes. He didn't look like someone who struggled with their romance game.

Hm...

Vikram glanced at their locked hands, a small smile creeping up on his countenance. It gave him a feeling of high in his chest.

After sauntering around and eating a couple of snacks, the duo boarded the bus and stopped by at a restaurant for the entire club to eat.

Once they had assembled around the table, Anand clicked his glass with a spoon, calling for attention.

"Did you guys have fun today?"

"Yes!" The members chorused.

"For today's meal, it will be sponsored by our vice president, Vikram Nayak."

This was news to Vikram. His eyes flicked to Anand, a glare in them.

This is revenge for making me carry those buckets and holding those trophies. Anand's eyes seem to tell Vikram. Vikram narrowed his eyes, with a sigh.

Trisha, who was seated between them, blinked. 

Vikram...Nayak?

Vik12Nayak?

The sudden thought that occurred to her seemed a little far-fetched. But a suspicion had already formed in her head.

She could ask him...

She imagined how that conversation would go.

"Are you Vik12Nayak?"

"Yes, why?"

"Oh, I'm Tris4506."

"Ha, aren't you the girl I beat to a pulp during the server finals?"

Technically, she too had defeated him. But...

She shook her head as the food was served on the table. She glanced at Vikram, whose eyes had been on her the entire time.

"Is something wrong?"

"No...It's nothing."

Vikram glanced at his food. Did she figure out his online identity?

a/n: a short filler chapter :) and no chess again! you can rejoice!

wordcount: 611 words
soundtrack:  just keep me by your side - yihuik[ a soundtrack playlist ]