the third move

TRISHA LOOKED AROUND, glancing at her phone from time to time

TRISHA LOOKED AROUND, glancing at her phone from time to time. She had been circling the same corridor for nearly 10 minutes but had still not been able to catch sight of the auditorium.

chess club group chat

Prez Anand

The venue for the chess club meeting on friday is the auditorium in the general studies block. Please be there on time :)
11.47 pm last tuesday

Trisha was 10 minutes late. She caught sight of a man filling his water bottle at the water station along the wall of the corridor.

"Excuse me?"

He turned around, blessing her eyes with his good looks. His eyes inspected her closely.

"Um, do you know the way to the auditorium?"

He blinked, glancing at her outfit and her phone. Trisha felt the need to explain her situation.

"I'm a freshman and I don't really know my way around the campus. I'm part of the chess club." She opened the group chat and showed it to him.

His eyes flicked to the phone momentarily. He continued filling his bottle, without saying anything. Trisha huffed, a little irritated. She looked around to ask somebody else, but no one was around. 

She glanced again at the man. It was a pity for a man to have such good looks and such a cold personality. She looked away and began walking away, hoping she'd stumble on the place with some luck.

"Wait."

She paused her movements and turned around to face him. 

He rotated the cap of the bottle, his eyes firmly on her. "Come with me. I'm the vice president of the club."

She blinked. "Ah?"

He nodded at her and walked ahead, gesturing for her to follow. A little dumbfounded, she followed him quietly.

She checked the group chat again and scrolled through the contacts on it. There indeed was a vice president.

Vikram Vice Prez.

"Is your name Vikram?"

She saw the back of his head nod. She put away her phone and stared at the figure ahead of her. He was tall. Much taller than her meagre 5''. He had broad shoulders, a pale complexion and a lithe figure, overall.

She grinned to herself. Reya was going to regret not signing up for this club.

They reached the auditorium. Vikram motioned at her to enter and pointed at the man she had seen sitting in the chess booth during the club fair.

"Anand, she's here."

Anand smiled at her. "Hi, we've been waiting for you. Do you want to introduce yourself to the rest of the members?"