What's Worse- Rejection or Revenge? (10)

•TW•

Showing Amethyst around all day really took it out of me. I have no clue how she's always so cheery and full of energy the way she is. It's exhausting.

She was assigned a room on the second floor, while Callin and the others were assigned to empty houses around the territory. Micah had given a brief tour for them while Axel and I showed Amethyst around.

Watching her reactions to everything was entertaining though, I have to admit. Like a kid in a candy store.

Amethyst insisted that she start decorating her room. She wouldn't say it, but I think she was a little overwhelmed by everything. It was a big day for her, so it's understandable she would want some alone time to settle in.

But now that I'm alone, Axel having taken the elevator with her, I'm a little stuck.

I slept in Micah's room last night. But now that I know I'm fated to Callin as well, would that be wrong? The idea of being in Micah's arms again tonight made me feel warm, maybe even a little embarrassed. It was pleasant, I felt safe, protected, the way his arms held me, practically encasing me in his warmth.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I flinched at the sound of Micah's voice, peering at me as he rested against the doorway. I hadn't realized that my feet carried me into his bedroom, where I stood staring out the window. He smirked at me when our eyes locked and I could feel my cheeks ignite.

"I'm sorry! I don't mean to come into your room unannounced, I just kind of... ended up here?" I scratched the back of my head, looking down to my feet, feeling the blush in my cheeks spread. He didn't respond, a glint in his eyes as he stared at me.

As if on instinct, his feet started moving towards me, his eyes locked on my face. He stopped abruptly in front of me, causing me to stare up at him, my eyes big from the slight surprise his quick movement caused.

He cupped my cheek in his hand, his other hand reaching down to clasp mine as he leaned in, pressing his lips to mine. I felt consumed by him, I could feel his yearning for me, his hunger. He's never kissed me like this before, but it didn't feel... wrong. His tongue slipped past my lips, causing me to gasp as he deepened the kiss, pressing his body tightly against mine, his hand dropping to my waist to pull me in as closely as possible. His movements were feverish, as if he couldn't get enough.

I practically melted into the kiss, surprising myself with how eagerly I responded, my hands reaching up to tangle in his hair, losing myself in the sensation of his lips on mine. My cheeks heated up when his hand moved to cup my ass, giving it a squeeze. His touch was gentle, but firm, causing an embarrassing moan to slip past my lips, spilling into our kiss.

He pulled away from me, his eyes looking slightly dazed, his chest heaving with his breath.

"I'll support whoever you choose, even if it isn't me. But I wanted you to understand how much I want you. How much I want to be with you. I just don't know how to explain it with words, it's impossible. I hope you'll remember how this feels, when you make your decision." He took in the features of my face, rubbing my cheek with his thumb as he gazed down to me, a shadow in his eyes before he turned on his heels and left the room.

All I could do was stand in place, my lips tingling. My fingers went up to touch them, feeling the aftermath of such an intense kiss. I could feel his desire in it, just like he wanted. But there was something really respectful about it too, how gently he touched me. That's never changed, he treats me like glass.

What the fuck am I gonna do?

***

I didn't know what else to say to Blake, so I turned on my heels to leave and give him space to think. Did I take it too far? Should I not have kissed him like that? But how else could I get him to understand?