Chapter 14

The next day Hope and the twins were at her parent's house discussing what to do going forward.

"So what are we supposed to do now," said Lizzie

"Since we already agreed that we're going to change some things we should come up with a plan to defeat each enemy."

"What about our family in Mystic Falls?"

"Well, everything pretty much worked out in the end so maybe we shouldn't get involved with anything there. My family didn't really have that much contact with Mystic Falls until I was seven and by then all the drama there was pretty much over. But we should probably make sure my Uncle Elijah and Aunt Rebekah leave town because they weren't there originally, and they might change some stuff if they stay there."

"How do we get them to leave then?"

"I do have an idea, but Dad I don't think you're gonna like it."

"Whatever it is, I trust you, Hope. So, what did you have in mind."

"We could ask them to take care of some of our enemies, but I don't know if they would be willing to unless we explain what's going on and I'm not really sure how without telling them the truth. If we told them the truth, then they probably would want to come here and see for themselves if my dad was telling the truth."

"Come here as in this town that we are currently living in. No!"

"Oh come on Dad, we need them."

"Klaus, The only reason you don't want them to come is because you don't want them to see you as a woman."

"Of course, I don't want them to see me like this. Not only am I a woman but I'm also pregnant. Do you know the humiliation that I will feel if they ever find out?"

"Oh, come on, it can't be that bad."

"You don't know my siblings, little wolf none of us ever let the others forget something they've done."

"Dad, we need them, maybe we can figure out a way to get them to help without telling them the truth, so you don't have to worry about them coming here for a while."

"That would be ideal but knowing my siblings they are not gonna believe anything I tell them."

Dammit, why did my dad have to have such a complicated relationship with his siblings? There has to be a way to get them to cooperate. Uncle Elijah has always had a sense of duty to the family so if we tell him about a threat to the family that could work but I don't know what threat we should focus on first. Aunt Rebekah is a whole other story. It will be pretty hard to convince her but maybe Uncle Elijah can if we can get him involved.

Just then Hope thought of a brilliant idea.

"What if we told them the truth but in reverse."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Instead of you being pregnant we say you got someone pregnant and that the child is in danger. We technically wouldn't be lying about some things."

"That could work and it would definitely get Elijah on board but I don't know about Rebekah."

"Why wouldn't it work on Aunt Rebekah?"

"Well going based on your memories when Elijah first told Rebekah about the child she didn't want to go to New Orleans, it wasn't until he ended up missing that she finally decided to show up."

"Uncle Elijah can't get captured again so maybe we should also tell them about Aunt Freya and while we're at it Dahlia as well that way they can handle that problem and we can focus on something else"