Chapter 5

Recap

After talking to Margaret for a while she finally left. Hayley then put the pie in the fridge then went back to his place on the sofa.

"So I'm your wife now."

"Well, what else was I supposed to say that you're the one nightstand that I knocked up? Saying that you're my wife sounded easier than saying that and besides nobody's ever going to find out anyway."

"Are you really trying to mingle with the locals?"

"Hey, that beats staying home all day and doing nothing. It's not like we have jobs we gotta do something and besides if we mingle with the locals then we'll be known as a normal family then fewer people will be suspicious of us."

"I see your point but don't expect me to mingle with the locals."

"You're gonna have to at some point."

"Yes, but I would like that to be very far in the future."

"You do know when you start showing more people are gonna start coming up to you asking to touch your belly."

"What!"

"I hear it happens all the time to pregnant women. They always have a random stranger come up to them asking to touch their belly."

"If anybody thinks of doing that I will rip their arm off and beat them with it."

"Yeah try not to do that, we're trying to blend in and we need to look like a normal suburban family. Even if you get random people coming up to you asking about the baby or asking to touch your belly you're gonna need to suck it up if you don't want anybody to suspect anything."

"I'm looking forward to this pregnancy less and less as time goes on."

"Hey, look on the bright side."

"And what is that?"

"After we have the baby then all the attention will go to it and everyone will just see you as the person holding the baby."

"How lovely," Klaus says sarcastically.

"I really hope you'll try to be nice to our neighbors. We don't wanna seem like we don't fit in."

"Me not nice aren't I always? I am known for being very friendly with people."

"Oh Really because if I'm not mistaken everybody in Mystic Falls hated you and tried to kill you multiple times. Not to mention your hybrids weren't really that thrilled about you either. I also heard your family sometimes gets annoyed with you?"

"Yes, I get your point, no need to go on."

"Maybe if you're lucky our kid won't get your bad personality."

"How dare you say that my personality is just fine and if our child is anything like myself then you would be happy to know that they will definitely have no problem with confidence and leadership ."

"Yes, that's what every parent wants for their child to be bossy and a narcissist."

"You know you're no picnic yourself."

"And why do you say that?"

"For one thing, hopefully, our kid's taste in clothing isn't the same as yours whether it's male or female. And don't get me started on this laid-back attitude you have."

Wow, if this is going to be how we spend our days during this pregnancy we're really going to need a plan.

End of Recap