Playing with fire 👅

Josh pov-

I can feel my nerves again, I can finally breathe.
In past years I never went on a walk and that too with someone, but now I'm doing that too.

The way her tiny hands fit in mine, the way she listens carefully to my boring talks and the way she's always there... I losing myself to her.

"What does she mean to you" when doctor asked me this question I went quite, no words were forming.
Everytime I looked at her I asked myself the same question what does she mean to me?
Why I'm breaking my own walls for her.

Her eyes always ask for love, my one word of love and she smile all day.
I went for coffee with her and she squeal in happiness...my every small gesture of affection and her whole world seems to light up.

Sometimes it's frustrating too, she is too nice and I'm not, everytime I'm near her I'm afraid she might hurt me and in my defence I push her away even so she's always there.

I'm trying to keep my composure, I'll take it slow and steady I won't rush.
.
.
.

Grinny pov-

When I wake up I was laying on sofa with blanket over me.
He must be in his room, should I go?
Walking out of his room I saw him by the window of dinning area.
I have to make breakfast and help him get ready for doctor's appointment.

I did all the things as quick as possible, and got ready myself to go with him.

He told he don't want me to come with him to the hospital and told me to study.

When I almost forgot about the seminar coming this week , he totally dead stared me and with gritting his teeth his snapped at me.
"Don't spare your mind from studies otherwise I'll not spare you".
I couldn't do anything but just nod looking down.
.
.
He went hospital and got his plaster removed.
Back home he called me to ask if I want burger King.
.
.
I was in kitchen washing dishes when I felt two cold hands around wrapping around my tummy.
I looked down to his hands, the right one is fine now, and left one has bandaged around it.

"Done studying"? He asked in husky tone and I felt myself sink from just his voice.

"Yes..s sir "I said holding my breath.

"Come I'll give a surprise test then"
What! I thought..may be he will..
What a bummer, now he is back to his professor form, it was fine untill he didn't talk about studies.

After dinner he gave me a paper of biotech engineering with a timer of 45 minutes..damn a hard paper.
.
.
.
.
And just like this three weeks have passed.
He is concentrating more on my studies and his work because according to him we lost track of both of these.

Although he is back to being strict professor and ordering around but few things have changed.

Like ocassional hugs he give me and kisses on my temple when he's in good mood.

Like now the having meal together is not silence; we talk and even after finishing his food, he stay in kitchen until I'm done washing dishes, then we both go to his room where he do his work and I study.

It's not like now I always stay in his room, sometimes he kick me out saying he's too frustrated to deal with me.
Like the other night after coming back from his councelling session he just locked himself in his room and When I went to call him for dinner he just snapped me saying "leave or you and I both will regret it".

I understand, that's why I don't push anymore.
On second week of councelling doctor told me he'll react this way or even worse , I just have to leave him on his own for a while then he'll be ok .