Part 18: To Xyrus!

Start from the beginning

"Huh?"

Urayne floats in between Gramps and me, and starts spinning again.

"That's cuz... I'm frooooooooommmm....another world!!!"

"What? Like how Arthur is from the stars?"

"...I don't know for sure. I just somehow ended up here, and some ancient mages made me like this for Arthur! I've been asleep for a looooooooong time!"

"Huh, I see. Anyways, brat, you're really strong now! I can't wait to see you in action at the Tri-Tournament!"

(A/n: Urayne plays tag with Sylvie during the birthday party, cuz why not.)

*approx a week later, about to leave for Xyrus*

Tess is tightly hugging me, and sniffling. Despite all of our efforts to comfort her, and spending almost all my time with her recently, this is still happening.

"Sob...Art, I'm going to miss you so much..."

"Tess, I will be back one day! So don't cry, okay? I'm counting on you to train well and move on from being a crybaby princess, okay? Remember to practice mana rotation like I showed you, alright?"

"That technique is so hard...but ok! I'll be ready to show you the next time we meet!"

"Haha, that's so useful, too bad an old man like me can't learn it! Haha!"

I get in the carriage with the King and Queen. As the carriage starts moving, I wave goodbye to Tess, Gramps and Sylvie.

*Some more minutes later.*

We are now in front of the teleportation gate, getting ready to go through, to the Human kingdom.

"Alright, Arthur. Like we discussed with my father, it's time for you to put on this equipment." King Alduin says, gesturing to a box containing the expensive gear that Gramps got for me.

I take off and put my comfortable elven boots in my dimension ring, and put on a specially made pair of mana infused boots. Made from the pelts of various B rank mana beasts, it is fireproof, ice proof, water proof,... and so on.

I put on some lightweight elven armor, covering my chest, back, shoulder, and knees. And finally, a voice changing mask to cover my face, and a sturdy hood to cover my head.

"Are you sure you don't need any weapons, Arthur? The other participants in the Tri-Tournament will probably be using powerful ones." Queen Merial asks me.

"It's okay, Queen Eralith. I'm used to fighting barehanded, it's what I've been doing for all my training, with Elder Virion and stuff. I can conjure an ice sword, if I really need one."

"Ok. Remember, it's okay to yield if you think you can't handle it anymore, the other mages you will face are tough!"

"Understood."

The carriage goes through the portal, and our surroundings flash purple. Soon, we are surrounded by a grand parade, with human citizens cheering at the grand procession.

"What alias do you want to go by for the tournament Arthur?" The King asks me.

Hmm...

"How about...Kal?"

??? POV:

Welp, I guess I got here early.

Talk about pressure. I can't believe my family and the Glayders expect so much out of a 14-year old like me. I mean, I'm good since I'm a Light Yellow core mage already, but I'm probably going to lose eventually to white core Lances.

I've sparred with Auntie, who used to be a Lance, and I never won. Well, at least I can kind of counter Auntie's Lance-level attacks.

Sigh... I just wanna go back to adventuring. My summer break time is already shortened by this tournament!

Might as well check my gear, and polish my rapier. I wonder who is the "extra" mage from the Elves. Maybe someone like me? Nah...probably some senior tank type...haha.

Bairon Wykes POV:

I drop by Father's viewing box. I don't know where Father is, but Lucas is here, I want to talk to him.

"Brother."

"What? Shouldn't you be busy getting ready?"

"You know I like to get ready early. I just came to tell you, I want you to watch the fights closely, especially mine. You know what level I'm at, so try learning something from watching how my strength measures up against the other fighters."

"Tch! A genius mage like myself can do that easily!"

Lucas doesn't even bother looking at me. I leave, and head towards the royal viewing box.

Lucas is a jerk, but he's still my brother. Maybe my fights against the other Lances can inspire him to train harder. Just you wait brother, watch me win against the other Lances!

Arthur Leywin POV:

We have finally arrived at the large viewing box for royalty. It seems the Human King and Queen already got here first.

I find it funny that everyone who doesn't know me just thinks I'm another bodyguard like Aya and Alea.

"Welcome, King Eralith, Queen Eralith, to the Glayder Arena for the Tri-Tournament!"

"Greetings, King Glayder, Queen Glayder."

I zone out for the rest of their extremely formal greetings.

I look at the 2 mages standing beside the Human royalty. They seem much stronger. A tall, white haired woman, she seems so cold. Must be an ice mage, haha. The other mage, a muscular looking young man, maybe he's a fire mage. Wow, he's so proud-looking. He must be strong too.

I try looking at their core levels, but I feel a bit of recoil. They must be silver core mages at least. They look at me and smirk, knowing I failed to see their core levels because my core level is lower. Their smirks soon fade and turn to confusion, as they fail to detect my core level, due to it being obscured by my radiation mana.

"Please excuse me, I must go and greet the Greysunders."

The Human King and Queen leave, and King Alduin turns to face me.

"Alright, Kal, Aya, Alea. Follow Bairon and Varay to the arena, good luck!"

I nod, and follow everyone towards the field.