34 ~ 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔

Start from the beginning

— I see the night was a success — I said and I felt uncomfortable

The girl just smiled and pulled me inside. She slammed the door and I went deeper into the room.

— What did you want to talk about? — I asked and turned to her

Something bad happened? Is she in trouble? Are  our parents planning something?

— It's complicated.

— Like remembering your one night stand's name? — I laughed even though I feel weird thinking that they could have had sex

She bit her lip and walked past me to sit in the chair.

— Do you want something to drink?

— No, thanks.

I sat on the other chair and looked at the girl. She's looking at me a little confused. Is it because I found her with this guy? Why is she looking at me like that?

— I'm sorry you had to deal with me again, yesterday.

My gaze changed to compassionate. I didn't do anything great.

— I don't mind — I said

She nodded and looked at the floor. She tucked her legs in and rested her chin on them.

— It's fucked up that you're helping me... — she bit her cheek — Why? I don't deserve your help.

— I think differently.

— I was being terrible towards you. Possessive, mean, abusive...

— Also loving and romantic, supportive, protective...— I interjected

She looked at me and I stood up and went to crouch next to her. I know why she's talking like that now. She feels guilty and analyzes everything. But why should we worry about something that has been gone for two years?

— You're strung-out, right?

— Yes — she admitted

— Do you have any other drugs in here?

— I won't throw them away — she laughed

She wasn't even entertained by this. It's desperation.

— So how can I help you?

— You can't.

I stood up and crossed my arms. The situation is really bad.

— Okay, so...what do you want me to do?

— I don't want you to do anything about it. It's not about drugs or some fucking comfort talk. Can't you just spend time with me?! - she asked in an irritated tone

Something stung in my chest for a second. My mouth felt dry. So that's it.

— Of course I can. I'm doing it right now.

— Let's go somewhere today. Pool, club, whatever.

Shit.

It's not a problem for me, but Tara will be furious. I can't even imagine it. The three of us? Having fun?

— Okay, we'll go with Tara.

Maybe this won't be so bad.

— Spring break has always been...our thing.

I frowned in surprise. "Our thing"? My lungs started to function a little worse.

— You know very well that it changed after we broke up — I said — You literally disappeared.