Childhood Friends - Aragorn x reader

Y/n L/n and Aragorn had been childhood friends for as long as she could remember. Though throughout their years she had developed strong feelings for him, she had never found the courage to share them.

However, if Y/n had been dreaming of a happily ever after between them, then fate had something else in store. Her mother had recently informed her that she had arranged a marriage for Y/n with another man.

Filled with a mix of heartache and panic, Y/n rushed off to be alone and think over the news. She had barely gone a few steps, when Aragorn caught up with her. Racked with sobs, Y/n soon found herself pouring her heart out about her arranged marriage to Aragorn.

For several moments, she was met with nothing but silence – but then, Y/n heard his voice.

'Y/n, I can't let you marry someone you don't love. The idea alone feels wrong...I don't want you to be miserable.'

He asked her to look into his eyes, and when she did, Y/n knew her world would never be the same. It was then that Aragorn finally confessed his feelings for her, and that he had loved her all along.

In the days that followed, Y/n and Aragorn managed to persuade her parents to call off the arranged marriage. Soon afterwards, they began making plans for their own wedding. Y/n had gone from feeling like her world was coming to an end, to having her very own happily ever after with the man of her dreams.