|35|: Game/کھیل

Start from the beginning

"I love you, Safa. There's so going back or denying it. You're mine for eternity. You're my light. Always seeing the best in me."

Placing his lips on her forehead, he let them stay there for a while before putting his forehead on hers. From her expressions, he knew she was deep in thoughts so he assured

"You don't have to say anything. Take your time."

Letting go of her, he relaxed back in his chair while staring at his shocked wife. A laugh bubbled out of his chest that him saying

"I like it when you blush. Your cheeks are all red."

She slapped a hand on her cheeks as if they were on fire and that has him laughing out loud. She gazed at him. At him laughing. The man that changed her life. The man that showed her respect and care. He was honest about everything.

But you haven't.

A bitter voice of her conscience mocked. It has her turning her gaze away from him. Guilt and shame washed over her as she thought about the biggest truth that she has ever hidden.

The truth about his brother. How she was there when they were chased. How she ran like a coward while he took a bullet.

All of the memories took a toll on her and she wanted this burden out of her chest. Turning back, she said

"Subhan..."

He looked up from his file and the way he was gazing at her...like she was his whole world, squashed her heart. How can she possibly tell him the truth? He won't look at you the same anymore. But again what if he doesn't hate you? What if he accepts you?

But what if he lets go of you? Who would want to live with a coward like you!

Her conscience mocked and she quickly muttered

"Nothing."

Great. Just like the coward you are!

Giving him a weak smile, she left the place and ran straight to the terrace. Her breathing was ragged due to all the running, but she only stopped when she was leaning against the railing.

What are you doing Safa? Tell him. Tell him what happened. What really happened back then.

Shaking her head as if to get rid of the thoughts, she slumped to the ground. She was feeling sad but there were no tears. It was like her soul was crying. She loves him a lot. He is every girls dream. Kind, caring, sincere. All things a girl possibly want in a life partner. But she isn't. She's a lair. A coward.
Gaining control of her emotions, she drew in a lunge of air. After satisfying her aching lungs, she stood up.

"I'll tell him soon. Just not now. He's already so tensed."

You're just delaying the inevitable.

But nothing's wrong with enjoying your husband's love.

She was torn between two, but in the end the later won. Hoping she'll tell him soon, she left the terrace.
~~~~~~~~~

Subhan was watching his wife through the mirror as he applied his perfume. She's been unexpectedly quiet since his confession which made him think whether he pressured her or something like that. Having enough of this silence treatment, he walked toward her where she was making the bed. Stopping at an arm's distance, he wrapped his arms around her middle that caused her to stiffen. Putting his face in her neck, he inhaled her scent feeling her slender fingers wrapped around his arms.

"Is something wrong?" He asked. She slowly shook her head.

"There must be. You're so quiet." He insisted. He was desperate to know what's going on in her mind.