Chapter 214 - Old Grudges [03]

Start from the beginning

Chang Beigen listened to the side, and his heart felt like it was being fried. They had struggled together since they had nothing. They promised to be brothers forever, but who would have thought that they would be separated so quickly.

A few people sitting on the ground who didn't know what was going to happen next took a short rest, ate something, and then began to put on their helmets and prepare to continue working. Some people even stretched and said finish it early and go home early to hug your wife.

At this moment, the entire mine began to shake, and everyone panicked. Although they were all experienced miners, none of them had ever experienced a landslide. Mao Tiankuo was the first to react and told everyone to run to the exit.

Ah Fu grabbed Mao Tiankuo, who was about to go deeper inside: "Brother, what are you doing! Let's run together!"

Mao Tiankuo took his hand away and pushed him out: "There are still people inside, I can't leave them. Hurry up and get out, if it really collapses, find someone to rescue you! If you delay for one more minute, you might lose another life. Run, run!" 

At the end of the sentence, Mao Tiankuo almost shouted.

Someone reacted quickly and pulled those who were still stunned and unable to recover and ran towards the entrance of the cave. 

Ah Fu glanced at Mao Tiankuo's back as he ran in, gritted his teeth, turned around and ran towards the entrance of the cave.

But this time the landslide was more serious than all of them thought. This mine has long been over-exploited. 

If you want to contract a mine, it will take more than a little money. Mao Tiankuo was able to get the mining rights here cheaply because the mine was about to be shut down. 

What Mao Tiankuo didn't know was that the previous mine owner spent money to smooth things over, and when he finally stopped, he made a profit from reselling it.

Chang Beigen followed Mao Tiankuo all the way and saw him rushing into the mine. He ordered the people inside not to panic and to run out as quickly as possible, but no matter how hard they struggled, they still couldn't beat the speed of the collapse.

Chang Beigen couldn't touch anything. All the falling stones passed through him. He watched Mao Tiankuo being buried. Even if he tried to block Mao Tiankuo and move the big stones away, it was completely impossible.

He didn't know how much time passed. Chang Beigen stayed by Mao Tiankuo's side, watching Mao Tiankuo's breath getting weaker and weaker. He knew the outcome, but seeing the process of the matter with his own eyes this time still made him tortured.

But until now, he still couldn't figure out why Tiankuo felt that he was his murderer. Was it because he thought he would buy this mine after his death?

Chang Beigen soon knew the answer, because when he was standing by Mao Tiankuo's side, he heard a noise and his own voice not far away.

It was not that none of the miners below escaped. Especially in the end, Mao Tiankuo pushed a few people out, but he could not escape before the big rocks fell, and was buried in the deep pit.

When those people were rescued, they told the approximate locations where some people might have been buried.

So this is a choice. If you dig this side, you can save Mao Tiankuo, who is still alive, but the other side will collapse due to the tilt of the rocks. It will be more difficult to save people. It may even directly cause the death of surviving people.

On the other side, there are at least 7 or 8 people known to be there, although they also don't know whether they are alive or dead.

Chang Beigen still remembers that when he followed the rescuers down, he asked both sides to be rescued. He was unwilling to accept the possibility of giving up the rescue on either side, but there was no way. Digging any side would inevitably cause the other side to tilt.