Slower this time, I sat up again. It still hurt but a little less so than before. Again, I completed the simple action of swinging my legs over the side of the bed and standing up (which might I just point out, is incredibly difficult when you have the most God awful migraine to ever exist) and made my way over toward the door and into the small, tiled kitchen. The kettle had just boiled when the door opened and in came by best friend. I turned around to greet him. He smiled back at me before disappearing to his room. No words were spoken between us but I knew he hadn't taken my earlier outburst to heart. I watched as the boiling water collided with the sugar and coffee granules at the bottom of my mug, dying the water a dark brown colour which soon lightened and swirled as I added the milk. I tapped the spoon as quietly as I could against the side of the mug and placed it into the open dishwasher, making sure to close the door so that nobody walked into it and hurt themselves liked I'd done countless times before.

Letting it cool down a little before drinking it, I stared at my phone and replied to a couple of messages from various officers and one from Slider.

Slider: Hey, man you all good? You can cancel tonight it's fine. Ice won't bother you I promise.

You: Slider mate I'm fine honestly. Just a minor blip it's all good don't worry. Oh, what makes you say it's that? And how can you promise that? I'm curious.

In normal circumstances, I probably wouldn't of wanted to talk to someone like Slider but surprisingly, he'd been like another best friend to me since the briefing where Charlie smoked my aviation abilities and Ice had picked on my childhood upbringing. Him (alongside my loyal bestie Goose), had been my two sole comforters who kept me company and regularly checked up on me; I appreciated that more than I could possibly say and they knew that. Putting my phone back into my pocket, I picked up my cup and sipped at the steaming liquid within. It did little in terms of making my mind rest but it calmed me down and allowed some of my muscles to relax since they'd been tensed all day. Maybe now, I just needed to forgive and forget but that wasn't something I was accustomed to doing...

•9:30PM GAME NIGHT BEGINS•

I KNOCKED on the dark green door and waited outside, clutching a bottle of white wine, letting the cold air slap my cheeks until they were numb. The sound of footsteps echoing down the hallway were heard before the slight crack of the door opening, revealing Slider's smiling face, light shining out from what I assumed to be the kitchen down the hall.

"Hello." I said politely with a smile.

"Sup Mav. How you been?" He asked.

"Meh so, so but I couldn't miss this for the world. Everyone together. A chance to smoke their asses ya know?" I grinned mischievously as I said this, which only made Slider roll his big, brown eyes.

"Sure, sure. You keep believing that mate. Anyway, please do come in and make yourself at home!" He remarked before stepping aside and graciously allowing me in. I stepped into the hall and he shut the door behind me to keep out the cold. Hanging my jacket up on the coat rack and removing my boots, I wondered on through to the kitchen to place my wine down on the counter but upon wondering in, I was met with Iceman in grey joggers and a tight black top. I tensed slightly, aware of the anger and tension that floated in the air between us.

"Well, well, well Mav you actually turned up. And there's me thinking you wouldn't." Ice mused, seemingly lost in thought. Or spite. Whichever one, I could not tell.

"What made you think that?" I asked, tartly, placing the bottle down on the marble countertop and turning to face him. "It was my understanding that you weren't participating tonight."