Morning Walk

Xylie's POV

Xylie's POV

It's been about six months since Sulley and I got engaged. He is now the current top scarer at Monsters Inc. Followed by Randall. Both are trying to break the all time scare record. Sulley promised we'd marry once he does and whoever breaks it gets a huge reward.

So far no progress has been made on the conspiracy at Monsters inc. I think the person behind it has to be high up. But still nothing on who the ring leader is or what they are doing. There have been more power outages and we think whatever is happening is connected to them.

Anyway, today the new ad for Monsters Inc is being aired on TV. I am on my way to Sulley and Mike's apartment to watch it with them. And to make sure they have breakfast before work.

Even though Sulley and I are engaged, we aren't living together. We're saving money for a house. The prize he'd get from breaking the scare record would help. Especiailly as he doesn't know I am on two salaries. One from Monsters inc and one from the CDA.

I am already in my work clothes. Long dark blue dress pants, my white Monsters inc t-shirt, purple jacket, and purple heels. My long purple hair in a bun. As I let myself into the guys apartment, I see them training. "Honestly you two, have you forgotten what today is?" I ask them.

"Hi beautiful " Sulley says and goes to hug. I stop him.

"Go clean up, I'll make you guys breakfast," I state. He nods and kisses my cheek before heading to the bathroom. "You excited for tonight?" I ask Mikey.

"Yes, though I am nervous. What if she says no?" Mikey asks.

"She won't, she loves you" I remind him as I made breakfast.

"So what's today? Aside from the obvious? " he asks.

"Today they air the new Monsters inc ad, we're all in it" I state.

"I can't believe I'm going to be on TV" he squeals. "What channel?" Mikey asks.

"The one you two always watch" I remind him. He puts it on as Sulley appears. They eat their breakfast.

"Look! The new commercial's on" Mikey exclaims. He runs to the TV, and sits in Sulley's seat. Sulley moves himto his seat an sits down. I then sit in his lap and he wraps his arms around me.

"The future is bright at Monsters Incorporated" the announcer states as the ad begins. On the TV, there are beautiful shots of monsters happily living their lives. "We're part of your life. We power your car. We warm your home. We light your city" he says.

"I'm Monsters Incorporated!" Betty says as she appears on screen. She is new to the company and was very excited to be apart of the ad.

"Hey, look! Betty!" Sulley says loudly.

"Ow Sulley " I say rubbing my ear.

"Sorry Xylie" he says sheepishly. Mikey shushes us as the ad continues. On the TV, a bored child watches as various monsters cycle past. We settle on Claws which causes the child to scream.

"Carefully matching every child to their ideal monster, to produce superior scream, refined into clean, dependable energy. Every time you turn something on, Monsters Incorporated is there" the announcer says.

"I'm Monsters Incorporated!" Jerry says as he appears on screen. On the TV, a child is vacantly staring at a television set. Machine gun fire, explosions, etc. are heard emerging from the set. Text appears on the screen: Simulation-Not Actual Child.

"We know the challenge. The window of innocence is shrinking. Human kids are harder to scare" the announcer states. On the TV, Henry J. Waternoose, a large crab-like monster, turns to face the camera. He runs Monsters inc.

"Of course. MI is prepared for the future. With the top scarers" he declares. Sulley appears scaring a child from the door. We heard the child's scream. Honestly it's never sit well with me, scaring children. Even if they are human. "The best refineries, and research into new energy techniques" Mr Waternoose states.

The front of the factory appears on screen. With Mike and Sulley in front with other factory workers. "We're working for a better tomorrow... today!" Sulley declares on the TV. As the Monsters inc logo covers Mikey.

"We're Monsters Incorporated!" They all declare.

"We're MI, Monsters Incorporated. We scare because we care" Mr Waternoose says and the ad ends. Sulley turns the TV off.

"I can't believe it" Mikey says.

"Oh Mike" Sulley says.

"I was on TV! Ha. Did you see me? I'm a natural!" Mikey cheers. The phone rings and he answers it. It was Sulley's mother. After the call, we leave for work. Mikey wanted to drive his new car.

"Mikey, there's a scream shortage. We're walking" Sulley tells him.

"Walking?!" Mikey exclaims. Sulley grabs Mike's arm, gets him off the car, and drags him away. As Mikey protests locking his car. "Hey, genius, you wanna know why I bought the car?" he asks.

"Not really" Sulley tells him.

"To drive it" Mikey tells him."You know, like on the street, with the honk-honk, and the vroom-vroom, and no walking involved?" He asks.

"Wa, wa, wa, wa. Give it a rest, will you, butterball? Come on, you could use the exercise" Sulley tells him.

"I could use the exercise? Look at you! You have your own climate" Mikey tells him.

"Mikey stop whinning, it's a beautiful day for a walk" I tell him. He shuts up and Sulley grabs my hand. As we continue to walk to work together.

A/N

Picture above of Xylie's work outfit and picture in chapter of Sulley & Mike now.