Toxicity Challenge

Xylie's POV

It's time for the first challenge of the Scare Games. It's happening at night in a sewer on campus. Everyone had gathered. All the teams competing, the spectators, volunteers, the dean and my fraternity. Mike and Sully arrived last with Oozma Kappa.

"Welcome to your worst nightmare! The Scare Games!" Brock announces. People in the arena cheer. "Yes! Yeah, I love it! I love this energy! Okay, okay, everybody" he tells the crowd.

"Let's hear it for the frats and sororities competing in this year's games!" I announce. "Jaws Theta Chi" I say and the crowd cheers.

"Python Nu Kappa!" Brock announces.

"Slugma Slugma Kappa!" Claire says.

"Roar Omega Roar!" Brock yells.

"Eta Hiss Hiss!" Claire announces.

"And lastly Oozma Kappa!" I shout.

"Yay! Woohoo!" a woman shouts from the crowd.

"Hi mum!" one the Oozma Kappa members shouts waving at the woman.

"Smile!" she shouts and Mike sighs. She takes a photo.

"Let's begin the first competition shall we?" I ask the crowd and the cheer.

"The Toxicity Challenge!" Brock announces.

"Human children are toxic! And anything they touch is toxic" Claire explains.

"We don't have any human toys of course, much to dangerous" I state.

"But thanks to MU biology department, we found a close second. The Stinging Glow Urchin! Trust me when I say you are not gonna want to touch this bad boy" Brock explains. As Claire takes out a pink glowing urchin from a bio box with tongs.

"And you certainly don't want to touch any of its friends" Claire tells them. Gesturing to the tunnel under our platform. Which is filled with hundreds of the stinging glow urchins. We descend to the ground floor.

"This is the starting line. The light at the end of the tunnel is the finish line" Brock states pointing down the tunnel.

"And whoever comes in last, is eliminated from the game!" I announce. Praying Oozma Kappa don't come last. "Take your place at the starting line" I tell the teams with Claire. She then heads over to a lever on the wall.

"Attention teams! One last thing: Scarers work in the dark" she sates. She pulls the lever down, and the area enshrouds in darkness. All that can be seen are the pink glow of the urchins.

"On your marks!" I shout.

"Get set!" Brock shouts. "Go!" he yells and they set off.

"Ah! I'm gonna touch it!" the purple Oozma Kappa shouts racing past Sully and Mike. I watch him hug several urchins and he bloats up like a balloon. Was not expecting that bad of a reaction.

"Come on Xylie, we need to be at the finish line waiting for them" Claire tells me. I nod my head. We and the spectators go to the finish line. While the volunteers got in position for their part in the challenge. They'd wear gloves and throw urchins at the competitors.

"Want to place any bets Xylie?" Brock asks me.

"No Brock" I tell him as we get on the platform with the team planks on it. Every time a team loses or is disqualified, their plank is removed. Until there are only two left for the final challenge. The scare simulator.

About a minute later ROR appear from the tunnel. "Roar Omega Roar wins!" Brock shouts. Just then a swollen Mike and Sulley dive onto the finish line. Those idiots.

"Take that, Wazowski!" Sulley shouts with swollen lips.

"Are you delirious? I beat you!" Mike shouts. Pointing  swollen hand at Sulley.

"Guys, you idiots" I tell them. They look up confused.

"Way to blow it, Oozma's!" Chet laughs.

"Hey, second place ain't bad!" Mike states. As the next team crosses the finish line.

"Second place, Jaws Theta Chi!" Brock shouts.

"What?" Sulley asks confused.

"Your whole team has to cross the finish line" Johnny tells them.

"He's right" I agree. God, I can't believe I just agreed with him.

"Third place, EEKS! Fourth place, PNKS!" Brock shouts as both teams appear. One after the other. "Fifth Place, HSS!" he shouts.

"No, no, no!" Mike says looking at the tunnel entrance. As his team appears, all of them swollen. One complaining that ha can't feel anything.

"And in last place, Oozma Kappa!" Brock announces.

"Oh, shocker! Oozma Kappa has been eliminated" Claire says removing their plank. I notice Jaws Theta Chi covered in some sort of gel. I head over to them and notice a jar in one of their pockets. I take it.

"Hey!" the guys shouts. I read the label.

"You guys are disqualified" I state and head for the stage. "Hey Brock, Claire look at what I just confiscated from Jaws Theta Chi" I say handing Brock the gel. They share a look.

"Attention everyone!" Brock shouts and everyone goes quiet. "We have an announcement. Jaws Theta Chi... has been disqualified!" he announces. "The use of illegal protective gel is cause for elimination" he states.

"Why?" Big Red asks. He was a member of Jaws Theta Chi. The referee touches him with the urchin and nothing happens. He then removed some of the gel before touching him in the same spot again. This time his foot swells, confirming the elimination.

"So Oozma Kappa is reinstated into the Scare Games. I trust they'll do a better job as a team next time" I state. Stressing the word 'team' as I looked at Mike and Sulley.

"Those touched by the urchins, head to the medical tent for treatment. See you at the next challenge" Claire states. Before we left the stage. "Nice job Xylie, keep it up. We can't have cheaters" she tells me.

"I'll keep my eyes peeled and ears sharp" I assure her. She nods her head. "What's the next challenge?" I ask curious.

"Avoid the parent" Brock answers.

"They need only get from one end of the library to the other and retrieve their teams flag. Without being caught by the librarian" Claire explains.

"That doesn't sound to hard" I state with a frown.

"Have you gone to the library or seen he librarian?" Brock asks me. I shake my head. "Then you're in for a real surprise" he chuckles as we reach our house. I said good night to them and went to my room. I did my homework before calling it a night.

A/N

Picture above of Mike with Sully after the challenge and picture on the external link of the stinging glow urchin.