Talk with Sulley 2

Xylie's POV

So it's been a week since Mike and Sulley left. It's now summer break and I've come home for the summer. Sulley asked me out for a drink and I am at cafe waiting for him. He soon appears in a tie. "Nice tie" I state.

"Thanks, Mike and I just had an interview" he states.

"You did?" I ask surprised.

"A job interview" he clarifies.

"Where?" I ask curious.

"Monsters Inc" he states and I frown in confusion.

"I thought you couldn't work there without a degree" I state.

"You can in the mail room" he tells me. "They're always hiring and we sent in our resumes the day we left Monsters University. Heard from them the following day and organized out interviews. Mike is having his now" he explains.

"I wish you both luck" I tell him.

"How are things your end?" he asks.

"Things are good, people are still raving about what you two did. You are sort of campus heroes" I state. He chuckles. "Speaking of that day, I've been wanting to talk to you about it" I tell him.

"About what?" he asks.

"The kiss" I say and he knocks over an empty glass. Luckily it didn't break. But Sulley hit his head after he picked it up and I giggle.

"What about it?" he asks rubbing his head.

"Why did you do it?" I ask him.

"I thought it was obvious" he states and I frown. "I live you Xylie, a lot and have since we meet" he tells me. I blush. "Do you feel the same way?" he asks.

"I know I like you more then a friend. But I made a promise Sulley" I tell him.

"What promise?" he asks.

"I promised my dad the day I arrived, no boys until I complete my education" I state.

"Oh" he says.

"But if you happen to still be available when I finish uni, I would be open to exploring whatever we have" I tell him.

"Really?!" he asks shocked.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean I want you waiting for me Sulley. You are free to see others" I tell him.

"I don't want anyone else" he states.

"Three years is a long time, maybe you'll change your mind" I tell him.

"Not likely" he tells me.

"So what's yours and Mike's plan Sulley? Surely you don't want to be a posy boy forever" I state.

"Please call me James" he tells me. "We plan on working our way to the top. There is a way to join the scare team. It'll just take longer then the usual way" he states.

"Well I know you both can do it" I state. "I have faith" I add.

"Glad to hear it" Mike states as he joins us.

"Mike, hey" I say. "I thought you had an interview" I state.

"Finished it and if you ask me the job is as good as ours" Mike states. "We should hear from them in a day or so" he explains.

"That's great" I tell him.

"Have you guys ordered yet?" he asks.

"No, just been catching up" I tell him.

"Excellent" he says and looks at the menu.

Mike and Sulley got the jobs. I went with them for their first day and took a photo of them. Before leaving so that they could focus on their work. I barely saw them all break due to their new job. But we all did go to Sherry and Don's wedding. Poor Squishy is still creeped out by their relationship, the poor guy.

Well it took them a few years. But they finally made it. After four different jobs at Monsters Inc. They were able to try out for the Scare Floor and became a Scare Team. Mike even has a girlfriend. My new best friend, Celia Mae. She is a receptionist at Monsters Inc. Started the year Mike and Sulley worked in the Caferteria.

I became a member of the CDA. When Roz needed someone to go with her undercover at Monsters Inc. She choose me. So I work at the Reception desk with Celia, who taught me everything I needed to know about being a receptionist. Neither Mike or Sulley questioned why I joined Monsters Inc or brought up my CDA job.

Speaking of Sulley. We're dating now and have been for a year. It's been great and today we're going on a date at Harryhausen's. He'd had a reservation for us for months apparently. I put on my best dress and meet him there. He escorted me to our table and ordered champagne.

"What are we celebrating?" I ask him curious.

"Well Mike and I becoming a scare team, your new job and one other thing" he states.

"What other thing?" I ask curious resting my head on my entwined fingers.

"You'll find out" he tells me. "Order whatever you want, dinner is on me" he states.

"You sure?" I ask him and he nods his head. "Ok" I say and the waiter appears with our champagne. He pours our drinks and takes our orders before leaving. I go to drink and notice something in my glass. I frown in confusion and dig it out with a spoon. To see it's a ring.

I look up to see Sulley on one knee in front of me. "Xylie, we've known each other four nearly five years and have dated for a year. I know I've never said it before, but I love you. I love you with all my heart" he tells me. "If you feel the same way, will you make me the happiest monster alive and marry me?" he asks.

"Yes" I whisper. "Yes!" I scream and hug him as the crowd cheer. He takes the ring and puts it on my finger. Before I kiss him. "I love you too" I state as we retake our seats. This time side by side instead of across from each other. Our food is brought and is declared to be on the house. Asa congratulations for on our engagement. The owner said we're welcome here anytime, along with our friends and just to call. Dinner was amazing and when we got home. We find all our friends and family present. We had an engagement party that night. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

The End of Monsters University, see you next time in Monsters Inc. I have no idea when I'll continue this story. So it'll be on hold until further notice.

A/N

Picture above of Mike and Sulley on their first day.