ten

"Hey," My sister said as she dropped into the chair across from me in the library

"Hey," My sister said as she dropped into the chair across from me in the library. I had pulled my legs up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, resting my chin on my knees. I'd been here for hours. I'd skipped my last class on the first day.

"Hi," I said with a tight smile. "You look cute." Lacey had styled her hair different than normal, blow drying her dark hair until it was straight and curled up in all the right ways. She smiled, pushing said hair over her shoulder. She wore a thick blue headband in her hair to hold back her bangs and even I had to admit the Ravenclaw uniform looked great on her.

"Heard you got detention on the first day," She said, lifting one hand and inspecting the manicure she had begged Mum to get before we came back to school.

"I am a Slytherin, afterall," I said. Lacey's eyes snapped to mine and she narrowed hers. They were the same dark shade as mine, the same as our father's.

"I hate it when you do that," She said.

"Do what?"

"Act like you only have the worst traits of your house," Lacey said, her nostrils flaring.

"Do you know what I did to get detention?" I snorted. "Pretty sure that showed a couple of bad traits." Lacey rolled her eyes.

"Honestly, Luce, if I was the one to send a spell Theo's way I wouldn't have gone as easy as you did," She said and I huffed a laugh.

"No way." One more time, she rolled her eyes.

"I know I don't really talk to you during the school year, but you're still my sister and I love you." She shot me a small smile. "And I would've Crucio'd his ass." I laughed for real this time, even as I felt affection spread in my chest.

"I thought Ravenclaw's were level-headed?" I giggled. Lacey shrugged.

"Guess I carry some Slytherin traits after all," She joked, winking at me.

"Thought I wasn't allowed to act like I have the worst traits of my house," I grinned, stretching my legs under the table as I dropped them from my chair.

"That's you," Lacey said. "I'm allowed to say whatever I want. I'm a Ravenclaw." I snorted so hard I pressed my hand over my nose and mouth as I laughed.

"Sorry if you've copped anything from my actions today," I sobered. "I should've thought more about the repercussions before I did it." Now Lacey was laughing.

"I just told you I'd hit his ass with the Cruciatus Curse and you're saying sorry? Don't worry about it, sis." Lacey smiled and reached her hand across the table and I placed mine in hers. We both squeezed tight.

"Still–" Lacey cut me off with a huff.

"Seriously, Luce," She rolled her eyes. "It was clear you two had something going on a few years ago before he left. You're allowed to be hurt and angry now he's back. I'd be mad at you if you weren't." My face faltered and I looked to my lap. I didn't like that my sister had guessed anything had been going on with Theo and I two years ago. I didn't like that my little sister was worried about me and not the other way round.