Chapter 1 - 2

CONTENT WARNING: Talking about bullying and eating disorder

"Lennox, stop laying in bed and go here!" My mum yelled from the kitchen. I keep forgetting I have a middle name. Is it 12 pm already? I've been in bed since I woke up, and that's like... 4 hours. I just finished my new story with my OCs. It's called That Summer, and it's about... "Lennox!!" Ugh, I forgot. I should go.

I went to the kitchen, and everyone was already there. All of them were waiting for me. "Kai, I haven't seen you all morning. What were you doing?" My dad asked with a smile on his face. "Probably texting Luna again." Oli said, and I just looked at her. She probably thinks I like her, even though she knows I'm asexual. "Actually, I finished my new story." I sat on a chair. "Oh my God, can I read it?" Oli was really excited. She's probably my No. 1 fan. She really likes my stories. Sometimes dad reads them, and Ash reads most of them. She knows the whole lore of all my OCs. "Of course, Oli, but after lunch." I said that and looked at mum to see what she was doing. "What's the name of it?" Ash asked, and I looked at her. "It's called That Summer." I'm glad that they all care so much about my hobbies and what I love to do. "I might read it, but no promises." Ash said, and mom gave her a lunch. "So you still haven't given up on that dumb thing?" Mum put my lunch in front of me. "Mum! It's not dumb!" I got mad a little bit. After she gave everyone lunch, she sat next to dad. "You keep escaping from reality." I don't know why is she like that. It's just a hobby. MY hobby. "You need some new friends. How do you think you'll find a boyfriend?" I had enough. I stood up and left. If i'd stay any longer, it just would be worse. "Lennox! Come back right now!" I heard her yelling. I put clothes and some other things in my backpack. I'm going to Luna's in an hour; I'm supposed to be there all week. I messaged her on Instagram.

kai_b.ckett
God, I wish I could go rn

finch._.lunaxx
Why? What happened? ❤️

kai_b.ckett
Mum said some things during lunch. I don't really wanna talk about it

finch._.lunaxx
Okay, if you can, come now

kai_b.ckett
I'll try to! ❤️

finch._.lunaxx
❤️❤️

I took my backpack and went downstairs. "I'm going to Luna's!" I said, and I already wanted to leave. Oli ran to me and hugged me. "Ash wants to give you this. You barely ate anything." Oli gave me something in a little box. "Thanks." I said that and then left. I walked slowly. I was thinking about what Mom said. Boyfriend. I think that I don't need anyone. At least right now, I don't know. Everyone's so obsessed with getting a boyfriend or girlfriend at my age. Maybe I'll change my mind in time.

kai_b.ckett
I'll be there in 15 minutes, prob! ❤️

finch._.lunaxx
Okay, I'm waiting for you ❤️

kai_b.ckett
Is someone else there?

finch._.lunaxx
Just my brother. Parents will be back on Sunday.

kai_b.ckett
Almost there! ❤️

I stood in front of Finch's house. Suddenly, Luna opened the front door and ran to me. She hugged me and picked me up a little bit. "I missed you so much." Luna said, and she smiled. "I missed you, too." I hugged her again. I noticed that Leo was standing at the door, and he was smiling. I ran to him and hugged him. "How are you doing?" I looked into Leo's eyes, and then hugged him again. "What happened?" I just walked into the house, put off my shoes and backpack, and then went to their living room. I sat on the sofa, and my eyes started tearing up a little bit. Luna sat next to me, and she hugged me around my shoulders. "Do you want water or something?" I looked at Leo, and I just nodded.