Chapter 22 - Y/N vs Phoenix

Luili Pavillion

Lumine POV

Me and Paimon are at eating with Childe and this man named Zhongli.

Childe: I brought you to meet Mr. Zhongli because...

Zhongli: Because i can bring you to see Rex Lapis vessel.

Paimon: What!?

Childe laughs.

Childe: Ha, dont be so surprised. Sure, the Geo Archon's body has been squirreled away by order of the Tianquan Ningguang... but first, lets hear what Mr. Zhongli has to say, shall we?

Zhongli: Rex Lapis may be the prime of the Adepti, bu he is ultimately an adeptus. Many adepti have left us over the millennia - this is the inexorable trend.
The times have changed - you must have felt it too when you were at Jueyun Karst.

Lumine: Thats true. The adepti are staying away from Liyue.

Zhongli: As you have seen, the time of the Adepti is ending, and the time of mankind is slowly dawning. In years past, Liyue's tradition was that a huge memorial service be held to mark the passing of every adeptus. But this time, the Qixing have made no attempt whatsoever to respect this tradition. It is sacrilege.

Lumine: Well, they have a deicide to deal with...

Paimon: Yeah, the killer hasnt been caught yet, the Qixing only acused bystanders, that were there when the vessel fell.

Zhongli: Deicide or not, the concern of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor is this: When the ritual to receive the gods is so kingly, it is all the more egregious for his final send off to go unattended to.

Zhongli: Traveler, Childe has told me a lot about you. Since you had dealings with the Anemo Archon, could i ask you to help me prepare the Geo Archon's last rites?

Me and Paimon talk and after a bit we decide that we will accept Zhongli's invitation.

They told me that only by participating in the Rite of Parting i will be able to see the form of Rex Lapis again.

After we eat, Zhongli asks me out on a walk to better discuss the details of the Rite of Parting.

Zhongli: After having experienced the land of the absentee archon, Traveler, how does it feel to know, that our archon and adepti are here all around you in Liyue.

Lumine: I guess i can say that Liyue is a more interesting place.

Zhongli smiles, he seems really happy with my answer.

Zhongli: Indeed. The weight of three thousand and seven hundred years worth of history runs deepest in the true divinity of Liyue.

Zhogli told us more about Liyue and what we would need to realize the Rite.

After that we went our way and with Childe's funds, we went to buy what we needed.

We find out that even tho Zhongli is very wise, he doesnt know how to save mora, so he's always broke.

We got Noctilucous Jade, Silk Flowers Golden House, Valley Weaver and Fate's Yearning, Perfumes, seven kites, and went to ask for a bell that was with an Old Lady Adeptus named Madame Ping.

Other thing we needed was Everlasting Incense. So we went to the Bubu Pharmacy.

The reception seemed to be deserted, but we heard a voice from beyind the counter.

???: Welcome to Bubu Pharmacy.

Paimon was scared.

Paimon: D-did you hear that? W-where did it come from?