Chapter 26 : Younger Brothers

This time Draupadi wakes up to find only her husband and a few maids in the chamber. Then Nakul and Sahadev came with plates in their hand.

"Bhabishree, you woke up," Sahadev exclaims happily.

"Draupadi," Karn immediately rushes to her side.

Nakul brings a glass of warm turmeric milk, Sahadev brings some crushed leaves while Karn helds her hand gently. They look like they are preparing for a war.

"What?" Draupadi looks at them confused.

"We are taking precautions, Bhabishree. In case you faint again," Nakul says.

Draupadi lowers her eyes. Her hand went to her abdomen. Nakul and Sahadev reads the room.

"We will leave you two alone. Jyest, please eat something," they leave grinning.

After they leave, Draupadi hugs Karn tightly.

"Arya," she whispers.

"We will be parents, priye," Karn kisses her forehead lovingly.

"Our own child," Draupadi smiles softly.

Karn pulls her in his arms. They look at each other smiling and the nature danced in their joy. Their lips met so does their heart. A promising kiss to each other. The new parents of the child.

"Jyest, Pitamah has arrived," Yudhisthir informs Karn the next morning.

Karn's knuckle brushes against Draupadi's soft cheeks. He nods in acknowledgement and carefully stands up from the bed.

Karn tries to keep up the serious facade but inside he was nervous. This time he isn't only meeting the eldest member of Kuruvansa, but also the great grandfather of himself as well.

Karn, Duryodhana and Yudhisthira touches his feet first, "Pranipath."

"My sons!" Bhism pulls all three of them in a embrace.

Karn gulps nervously looking here and there not meeting his eyes. He couldn't meet his brothers eyes previously as well. They are so full of emotions and longing with guilt. It's hard to look at it.

"Forgive me but my wife is resting. She couldn't come to welcome you," Karn says politely.

"It's alright. I shall meet Draupadnandini later," Bhism pats his shoulder assuringly.

"Come inside," Karn says avoiding whatever Bhism was about to say.

"Arya didn't wake me up," Draupadi panics the moment she wakes up from her nap.

She really wants to give that husband of her's a piece of her mind. She was sleeping but it isn't any reason for him to not wake her up. There's guest in the house. And that too Mahamahim Bhism. She wasn't even there to welcome him. What must he be thinking about her! An arrogant, manner-less, irresponsible princess. Draupadi wanted to pull her hair out that.

That moment Karn enters her chamber, "You woke up!"

"ARYA! HOW COULD YOU?" Draupadi glares at him.

Karn looks at her confused. He thinks over his day long activities. He didn't go to her garden and trampled over her flowers, didn't try to arrange pooja thali, didn't try to make any flower made ornaments for her. So, what is the reason of her anger?

"Priye...don't stress too much..." he says softly.

"I am not at all a weak woman, Arya...how could you not wake me up? Mahamahim Bhism must have thought of me as an irresponsible princess..." Druapadi continues to scold him.

Rewritten DestinyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara