Chapter 10 : Misunderstanding Solved

Draupadi plopped on the bed all tired of her journey. Karn immediately went to the Sabha. That man has a lot of energy despite his age. Draupadi giggled. She is happy. Their relationship has become cordial now. Last time they spoke in Anga was because she wanted to go back to Panchal. Hopefully this time, he will accept her as his wife.

Draupadi went to take a bath then. Hastinapur is beautiful no doubt but her Anga is in her heart along with Panchal. One is her motherland and another is like her child where she is the mother. She prepared for dinner and asked the maids to invite Karn.

Karn came in her chamber. This time with no hostility or hesitancy. He himself was surprised with his change of emotions. He felt peaceful entering her chamber this time. Draupadi patted the seat next to her excitedly. Karn chuckled. Her dual personality never fails to amaze him. She is innocent like a child and sensual like a vixen all without her knowing.

"How did the Sabha go?" Draupadi asked as she served him food.

"Good. They were complicating a very simple matter over nothing," Karn began to discuss the matters with her.

Draupadi time to time gave her opinion on that. They finished their dinner.

"Draupadi?" Karn called.

"Yes, Arya?" Draupadi answered immediately.

"Was it really your choice when you garlanded me?" Karn asked.

Draupadi looked at him all serious. This misunderstanding has to end. He always thought she garlanded him to save his honor, she pitied him. But it was never the case. She garlanded her soulmate, her other half, her Arya.

"Arya, mene apka bharan Kiya Apne icca se. Mujhe apna pati chunne ka adhikar tha aur Shiva Mandir me apse Milne ke paschat mene apko apna pati mana hae. Janta hu ye bibah ke liye aap ek prakar se baddhya the. Agar mujhe gyat hota to mein apko iss Bandhan mein nehi lati. Parantu apko bharan mene Daya se nehi Kiya," she said honestly.
(Arya, I garlanded you on my own free will. I had the right to choose my husband and after meeting you in Shiva Mandir I accepted you as my husband. I know you were forced in this wedding. If I knew it, I would have never ever got you in this relationship. But there wasn't any pity when I garlanded you.)

Karn looked at her bewildered. She is speaking the truth. What did he do that the divine maiden herself wanted to be his wife. He felt butterflies in his stomach. His chest puffed in pride.

"Meri esi keya bisheshta thi Jo Tumne Mera bharan Kiya?" Karn couldn't keep his curiosity in himself.
(What speciality I had that you garlanded me?)

Draupadi looked on her lap blushing. He really wants her to say that doesn't he? This is so embarrassing. Karn raised her head by her chin. Draupadi's blue orbs met his hazel ones. His eyes are asking her to say it, his soul is yearning to hear it from her. The intensity of his gaze set her whole body on fire. What is happening with her!

"Mene Tumhe ek prashna Kiya Hein," Karn asked huskily. His voice demanded dominance making Draupadi's heart beat faster.
(I asked you a question.)

"Kyuki...mujhe...mujhe...apse prem tha...," Draupadi stuttered.
(Because...I....I...was in love with you.)

She closed her eyes. He definitely doesn't feel the same. He only married her out of responsibility as well. Now he will feel unnecessary guilt because of her. His behavior after their marriage proved how much he hated her. She didn't want this. She never thought she will confess to him. Her eyes brimmed with tears. She doesn't want to break in front of him. She doesn't want to show how weak she is. Draupadi stood up ready to exit from the chamber. Karn grabbed her wrist.

"Yagnaseni," he called.

Karn knew the moment she confessed, that's what he wanted to hear. His heart was thirsty for this confession. That she didn't choose him out of pity but out of love. She wanted him as much as he wanted her. A silly grin appeared on his face. His heart fluttered like a teenage getting confessed by his crush. But the moment insecurities showed on her face, tears in her eyes his heart twisted painfully.