Chapter 25 : The Good News

Karn ran as fast as he could. He arrived at the garden. Draupadi's maids Chitra, Mrinali and others were patting her cheeks softly trying to wake her up by calling her name.

"Draupadi," he immediately sits beside her taking her in his arms.

"Maharaj, Maharani has been sick for a couple of days. She had fainted a few days ago as well," Chitra informs.

"And why do I know about this just now?" Karn asks angrily.

"Maharani ordered us. She said you don't need more things to worry about," Chitra says apologizing.

"Jyest," Duryodhana and others came by then.

"Call the veds," Karn orders and picks Draupadi up walking towards their chamber.

"Jyest, may I?" Sahadev and Nakul ask.

Right now Karn's only concern is Draupadi. He nods immediately laying her down on the bed and sitting by her head.

Nakul and Sahadev checked her. They look at each other smiling ear to ear.

"What's wrong?" Karn asks impatiently.

"Just to be sure, Jyest. Call a female Ved," Nakul grins.

The female doctor had arrived already. Everyone was forced to be out.

"Why can't I stay?" Karn protests.

"Maharaj, let me do my job," the female Ved says sternly.

The door was closed on their face. Karn turns toward Nakul and Sahadev.

"What did you two understand?" Karn asks desperation in his voice shaking Sahadev.

"Jyest, let's wait for the female Ved first," Nakul comforts.

The door opened and the female Ved came out with a smiling face.

"What happened? Is she alright?" Karn asks impatiently.

"Maharaj, Maharani is expecting the heir of Anga," the Ved says.

Karn looked at the doctor with an unreadable expression. He didn't know what to do. He looked at Duryodhana who was looking at him also surprised. Then both broke into huge grin.

"Congratulations Jyest," Duryodhana pulls him into a bone-crushing hug.

Duryodhana and Karn broke into a huge grin. This is the first child of their generation.

"Congratulations Jyest bhrata. This is the first child of Kuruvansa. The heir," Yudhisthir exclaims happily embracing Karn as well.

Karn accepts his brothers enthusiasm with open arms embracing them to his chest. Maybe he can get used to them being a part of his every happiness.

"May I go inside now?" Karn asks the Ved.

The female Ved stepped aside allowing him to come inside. Karn rushes to her side. She is still unconscious. Karn placed a chaste kiss on her forehead.

"Why is Bhabishree still unconscious?" asks a worried Nakul.

"Maharani is sleeping," the Ved says.

"Jyest, let us inform Pitamah about this," Duryodhana says.

Karn only nods. He knows even if he doesn't accept them back, his child is the first child of Kuruvansa and it's elders' right to know about this. Yudhisthir and Duryodhana leave to write letters to Hastinapur. Bheem, Nakul, and Sahadev stay with Karn.

Karn sits on the bed beside her looking at her gently as he caresses her hair.

"Jyest, Bhabishree might crave food when she wakes up. I shall cook for her myself," Bheem says excitedly.