Chapter 6 : Growing Hatred

After the marriage of Draupadi and Karn happened, the Pandavas returned in Hastinapur. Though they felt sad about not winning the divine maiden, they recovered from it as the task was impossible for them. But Arjun was a total different case. He still couldn't believe what happened. The Princess chose a Suta over a born prince. He still remembers how confident he felt when she was coming down with the garland. He knew she is going to garland him. Then in his utter surprise she garlanded Angraj Karn beside him who was equally surprised with her decision.
Arjun thought bitterly. What did she see in that Suta that he, Arjun doesn't have? He could have provided him with everything she wishes. He could have kept all the riches of three worlds in her feet. She would have been called the wife of a the great Archer Arjun but no she choose his rival I over him.
Panchal Princess whom he liked at first glance. Her innocence drawn him towards her. She sees the world from a different perspective. But the main thing is she and him has a lot in common. They both like to stay close to nature they are both curious in nature, like to discover the world and very free spirited. In these few days, everything he learned about her, he fall in love with her more. He yearned to see her. To talk to her. But they weren't allowed because she isn't supposed to meet any prince before wedding. But as King Draupad wanted him as his son in law, he allowed them to meet once. From that day he waited patiently to make her his completely. He completed the task but to his utter surprise Yuvraj Dhrishtadyumna asked for everyone to compete. Earlier his eye contact with Ashwatthama proved that they talked about this before. His cousin Duryodhana whispered something in Karn's ears as he looked at Draupadi. Then in his utter horror Angraj stepped in the arena. He completed the task in less time than him and went back to his seat. He truly wanted to shout at him that time. How dare you participate in a born Princess's swayamvar? But kept quite as he knew the princess without a doubt will choose him. That would be enough insult for him.
But no, the whole thing made him a joker.

Pitamah was quite disappointed at them. He was so confident that Panchal Princess would be his granddaughter in law. He mostly believed in him. But he let him down.

Duryodhana isn't here. Must have gone to Anga to escort the princess with his friends. Arjun felt like strangling Karn. He can't wrap his mind around the fact that the woman he dreamt as his wife is someone else's wife now.

Back to present

After Draupadi recovered, Karn became very protective of her. He appointed maids to always follow her and monitor her. Draupadi needless to say was extremely annoyed at this new arrangement. Today she is going to confront him. Draupadi stormed towards Karn's chamber.

"Tell Maharaj, Maharani wants permission to enter," Draupadi addressed the guard who went in.

Karn was surprised. After their marriage this is the first time Draupadi is entering his chamber. He quickly asked the guard to let her in. She doesn't need permission to enter his chamber.

Karn sat there amazed. Draupadi was fuming he can tell. What is she so angry about?

"Angraj," Draupadi started.

Karn was upset hearing her address him after months but by his title not Arya. But he forced himself to not focus on that.

"What is it, Draupadi?" he asked.

"Angraj, why four maids are following me everywhere?" Draupadi asked.

Karn didn't answer. What will he say to her? He is worried about her hence he appointed maids to follow her.

"Why? Are they not good?" he asked instead.

"It's not about them being good or bad. You are snatching away my freedom," Draupadi stated.