She sat down with him and brought the meal closer before scooping the porridge out with a spoon.

"I'm old enough to eat by myself". The grumpy little kid answered.

"Clearly not, you don't even finish your meal in school. Breakfast is an essential part of the day", she scolded.

"Besides....you're still our little baby". I teased with her suppressing her laughter as we watched Jin explode.

"No I'm not-er".

"Ok ok hurry up or you'll be late for school". Unnie added.

After we were done, she walked us out. Jin and Unnie dropped me off at the bus stop. Just then the bus happened to arrive as well. I quickly hopped on and waved at them through the glass window as they stood and waved back with a big smile. The minute my bus left they began heading towards Jin's school as well. Which was just a 2 minute walk from there.

It was the last day today for exam prep, tomorrow was my exam. I tried my very best to gather each and every information possible and revise it over and over again. I revised even in breaks.

"Siya you've been studying like a mad woman. It's already noon. We're finishing the class in 2 minutes. Girl get a break at least", my friend Kio said.

She's an amazing friend. She moved from Japan to South Korea last year which was when I got to meet her. Luckily for me she is fluent in both Japanese and Korean. That too self taught. Other wise I stood no chance in being able to understand her as the only language I speak is Korean and English. She's always been so helpful and supportive. Even when knowing about my backstory and financial crisis. She never once judged me.

Maybe because she herself was also poor. So she understood my misery more than anyone. What's worse was that she got bullied by some rich kids when she first started. Luckily those bullies were expelled from school for good considering all the kids they had bullied in the past. It was during that time we became friends and I'm just happy she befriended me despite knowing where Meul unnie works.

"Kio, I have to give it all I got. Literally my life depends on every exam this year".

"True, but you also need to take care of your health. You barely had anything to eat."

To eat?

Now how do I tell her that there's been days me and Meul unnie remained hungry just to feed Jin. Lying to the little kid that we already had food and everything there was was all for him.

I can never forget those days, but certainly it taught me how to go on an empty stomach for a very long time.

Although my health is probably going down the drain, I have no appetite.

"Here".
Pausing my writing I turned my head towards her to see her handing me something.

"Muesli bar?"

"Have it. It really pains me to see you working so hard."

I gave her a soft smile and took it.

"Thanks".

Just then the bell rung and everyone who had packed their bags already left in a rush. With me as usual being the last.