Chapter 14

Madina's POV

I woke up at 4:50 am as usual, I looked beside me and saw Abubakar and Aisha sleeping peacefully with her clinging into him. The sight made me smile unconsciously.

I went into the bathroom, performed ablution and left there to wake him up. Immediately he moved, Aisha woke up blinking her eyes innocently trying to adjust to the light.

They both went to the bathroom to perform ablution while I spread the praying mats, one slightly in front of the other.

They came out and we prayed with him leading us. After that, we recited Qur'an and said our Duas. It is a Saturday, which means no work for both of us.

I decided to take break from work since there's no new product lunch, so I just supervise from home. You can say I can be a little bit lazy.

We cooked breakfast together and eat peacefully.

After breakfast, surprisingly Aisha fell asleep. Abubakar and I were both shocked because the girl is always full of energy.

After taking her upstairs, Abubakar said he wanted to talk to me. We left the bedroom and went to the master suite sitting room.

"So, what do you want to tell me?" I asked kind of confused.

He cleared his voice a couple of times and I kinda saw he's nervous. But why will he be nervous?

Different thoughts started coming into my head. Maybe somebody die, or maybe my business, or is someone critically ill?

"Madina, Madina!" He called me, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, sorry I spaced out" I apologized.

"No problem. The thing is ..... Madina I was just saying maybe we could make this work you know the marriage of a thing. I know this marriage started as an arrangement but I have fallen for you. Please give me a chance to love you and show you that I care for you." He told me pleadingly.

" I'm sorry but I don't do love. I can't love you and this is a loveless marriage that can never have love in it because I don't have love to give you. I'm sorry but don't even try." I said and left him alone in the room.

To say I'm shocked is an understatement. He said he's fallen in love with me? Fallen for me? I can't believe it.

I had to tell him the truth because I know how heartbreak feels. I know what I'm going through.
It's complicated and its just somehow.

I can't lie to him saying I love him too and all the like. I had to be honest and I hope he understands my point of view.

I am still as broken as I am when we got married.
That I know.

One Month Later

It has been a month since the day we talked and we have been avoiding each other.

He goes to work by 6am and comes back by 11pm. I always sleep before he gets back from work.

At some point, he stopped sleeping in our room and moved his clothes into another room. He stopped eating at home and I haven't seen him for 3 weeks now.

I didn't expect things to turn this way. I thought he will understand what I was saying but no!

He didn't.

Well that's left for him. For all I know, I am trying my best.

Today, I went to work to check some stuffs. From there, I went to my cosmetic shop to see how the sales are going.

Aisha went back home as her parents are back and she's to start school this September.

I came out of the shop and saw a woman holding Abubakar's arms as they were coming towards the entrance of the shop.

I turned around so he wouldn't see me and they entered with him smiling cheekily.

He said he loves me and a month later, he's here with his lover. Well that's his problem.

He has never smile at me that way. And I thought he's religious too but guess what!

He's here holding hands with a non-muharram and it is not acceptable in Islam. He knows that well.

I went home and still, the image of Abubakar and another woman kept playing in my head.

Ohh, this is hell.

I unlocked the door and went inside, surprisingly, Abubakar is home already.

I said Salam and was passing by to go upstairs when he said something that shocked the living light out of me.

"I am getting married on Friday".

This statement made me halt my steps and look at him.

He's getting what?

Okay that was soon. He has to be kidding.

I felt so disrespected as he is just telling me this now. Like it's almost Friday.

This is equivalent to him not telling me at all.

But wait is he for real?

..........................................................
That's it for chapter 14 Lovelies.
Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE.
Follow me on Instagram @novelsbyalbau
Love you ❤️❤️❤️