~1~

I was sitting at the glass table in the back of the lab with Chase on my right and Bree on my left. Chase and I had been talking about the new frozen yogurt place that was opening tonight and how much we wanted to go, before Bree came and sat down while brushing out the ends of her hair. Leo and Adam were talking over by the counter that was closest to the capsules.

"Tonight's the night! The new frozen yogurt shop is opening. Fifty two flavors and four of them are sugar free." Bree gave him the same look I had when he told me about it. "Oh, who are you kidding? You passed out the first time you discovered nail polish." He shot back at her.

"I've heard of those yogurt places. They get you by charging extra for toppings. So, I'm bringing my own." Adam unzipped his green jacket and opened it up to reveal an arsenal of toppings.

"You look like a dealer." I said with a smile.

"I don't have cards." Adam retorted, rolling his eyes like I was dumb for suggesting that. "You don't even wanna know what's in my pants." He slapped his thighs which made a squishy sound before he doubled over and groaned. "Aah, ooh! Hot butterscotch! Ooh!" His mouth was in the shape of an O as he walked away from us. Chase smiled at me and I quickly looked away to Bree who had a smirk on her face.

"Sorry, you guys are coming home straight after school. So, no flavors, no froyo, no hanging with the bros, peeps, and homies." Davenport clarified, making me cringe.

"Bros, peeps, and homies?" Bree repeated with the same look on her face as me.

"Ugh, you are old." I said with a grimace. Davenport gave us a confused look and Bree held her hand up.

"Don't. Just... no." She told him with a shake of her head. He walked away with his eyebrows furrowed like he didn't understand what he had said made us physically ill.

"What's got you so grouchy? They run out of human footstools at the rich guy club?" Leo asked Davenport after walking up to him. I could tell by Davenports face that he wasn't having it today.

"Did you forget your little buddy Marcus found the lab yesterday?" Davenport reminded us and I looked down at my hands that were on the table in front of me. Every time yesterday was brought up, I couldn't help but remember the way Marcus had been looking at me in the living room, and how I couldn't identify the feeling it gave me. "He could've discovered your bionic secret." He pointed out, making Bree stand up from her seat.

"Oh! Ok, so it's our fault that your million dollar smart home system didn't stop him?" Bree asked as she walked over to Davenport. Chase and I got up as well, following Bree over to the group.

"Don't go there, supergirl!" Eddie warned from his place in the wall. We all turned to the side to look at him. "I was getting my beauty sleep. Something you might want to look into." He retorted, earning raised eyebrows from Chase and Adam.

"Look, it doesn't matter whose fault it was, even though two people were supposed to be watching him." Davenport subtly pointed to Leo and I.

"Technically, someone pulled them away, letting Marcus roam free." Leo subtly pointed at Davenport, retaliating.

"And thank goodness someone did, because someone else was making heart eyes at Marcus." Davenport said and I glared at him.

"Someone should have-"

"Guys," Adam interrupted me. "I think you're talking about each other." He pointed out and the three of us paused for a moment. When I glanced at Chase, he had a scowl on his face and his eyebrows were furrowed, creating deep lines in his forehead. I stared at him, trying to figure out what put that expression on his face before Davenports voice snapped me back into reality.