Chapter 12

***TRIGGER WARNING: SA AND ABUSE***

I just finished saying goodbye to Bada and I walked into my apartment. It was pitch black in there. I took my shoes off and turned on the kitchen lights to see Haneul sitting at the dining table while he faced the window. I jumped slightly because I was startled to see him sitting there. I could see a glass of whiskey in his hand and a half-empty bottle on the table beside him. I let out a sigh going towards the guest bedroom.

"Where do you think you're going Luna?" He asked not looking at me.

"Look Haneul, I'm tired and you're drunk. Let's talk in the morning okay?" I said. I was both physically tired and mentally tired of all his bullshit. I got water from the refrigerator and started towards my room.

"Luna" he said. I kept silent because there was no point in arguing with the drunk. We won't have a civil conversation while he's like this.

"LUNA!" he screamed at me. I froze just as my hand was on the guest bedroom doorknob.

"Haneul, let's talk in the morning, okay? You're not thinking straight right now and we both need some sleep, hmm?" I said in a soft voice trying not to provoke him. His yelling really had me trembling and shaking but I tried to stay grounded. He got up from his seat and made his way to me. He grabbed my arm from the door and slammed me on the ground.

"HANEUL, NO, PLEASE!" I yelled out. This cannot be happening again. I thought he said he wouldn't do this again.

"Where the fuck have you been huh? You just stay out all night without a call and expect me to be okay? You didn't even answer my calls, so what were you doing Luna, hmm? You found some new guy to fuck?" He was now hovered over me and I was trembling in fear.

"I was at a friend's house. After dance class, we went to eat and we had a movie night at her place. That's all. I didn't do anything else. I didn't answer your texts or calls because we accidentally fell asleep, okay? That's it Haneul. Nothing else happened. Please!" I begged with tears falling from my eyes. I tried my best to kick my way out from under him but he was too strong. He didn't like me fighting back so he hit me on my ribs to keep me in place. At least this time it wasn't my right side.

"I don't care if we haven't talked in weeks. We are still together. You are still mine. So don't go out here making our relationship look bad with your slutty ways, do you understand?" he said. aia was frozen in fear. I couldn't move, not yet anyway.

"I SAID DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" he yelled at me and I broke into tears just shaking my head yes in approval so he would leave me alone. He gripped my chin tightly and brought his lips to my ear.

"You're mine Luna, don't forget that. I could ruin you with just a few rumors. Oh, but they wouldn't be rumors if they're true, now would they" he said and I just shut my eyes and let the tears spill over. He finally let go of me and made his way to his room. When I saw his door closed, I scurried to my room and locked the door behind me.

I curled up on my bed and softly cried. I had just realized I was still in Bada's clothes from earlier. If only I would've just slept through his messages, and none of this would've happened. Or maybe things would've been a lot worse had I simply not come home at all. I don't even know what to think right now. I had got a message on my phone from Bada.

                    Bada 🌊

BADA: Hey I made it home. Just wanted to tell you goodnight again and I had a fun time tonight too 😊. We gotta make our movie nights a new event or something lol.

BADA: Let me know if you're free tomorrow and we can go shopping together or do a one-on-one session at the dance studio. I still gotta teach you the dance I choreographed for you 😏