The Collision Expands - Chapter 38 - Various 2

En başından başla

I smile at that, he's obviously talking about Donny. It's nice to see that he still has some of the old Spencer in him. This reminds me that I haven't spoken with my mother, Teresa, since Donny and I got engaged, let alone that she's going to be a grandma. We still haven't told anyone else yet, either.

"Yes, Spence," I say, he offers me a handkerchief, "I'd like that. Thanks." Y'know, I'm starting to feel a little jealous and resentful toward Brook that she was able to change him in nine months when I couldn't do it in four years. We walk back over to the group and I see something a little strange. Candace and Brook holding hands. What's this about? 

Candace- "I know we don't really know each other, Brook," I say after taking both her hands in mine, "but you were once engaged to Donny, the father of my child, and part of the reason that ended, as you now know, is because of me and my selfishness. I saw how happy you made him and I couldn't handle that. I thought I would be the one to marry him."

"Hey, Candace," Brook says, "it's okay. I cheated on him first. When he was mourning for his mother. But it is nice to finally meet you. Even though he never mentioned you the entire time we were together, but I kept thinking about you since his little speech. To be honest, I'm more resentful of the fact that you had his first child. But, it is what it is. Who'd have thought that me and Donny would be engaged to each other's exes?" I can't tell if that's a dig at me or not but it does bring up a good topic for me.

"Everything happens for a reason," I say to her, and I motion for Derrick to come over, he's been standing in the back this whole time, "this is Derrick, my boyfriend, he's an old friend of Linnie's."

"Oh, I thought I recognized you," says Brook's fiance, Spencer, "You're Carolynn's friend from Portland. You were the one that was always at her celebrations and such of that nature. How are you?" Derrick and Spencer shake hands

"I'm cool, bro," Derrick says, "I always thought you didn't know who I was."

"I guess I knew more than I thought I did." Spencer answers. This Spencer sure is an interesting person. After all this time, I don't think I've heard the story of him and Linnie. Maybe some day.

Derrick- "And you must be Brook, huh?" I turn my attention toward Brook.

"So you're obviously connected to Donny," Brook says to Candy, "and you're a friend of Linnie's." she says to me. "Huh, what is it about those two that brings their old friends and exes together?" We laugh at this.

I walk back to where I was. I really don't know these people. Candy wanted to come all the way to New York to apologize to the bride for something that happened ages ago, which of course, involves Donny. He's a great guy but why are everyone's lives so centered around him? He ain't bad but he's not overly special either. Maybe cuz I'm from the outside looking in or maybe there's still a tinge of jealousy over Linnie. Since I started dating Candy, I haven't really thought about her in that way. I'm completely in love with Candy and Naldo. 

I guess people would like to know what my big secret is that made me cry at the hospital. I haven't told Candy yet either. It's extremely personal and only my mother and Linnie know about it. Candy said she understands but I can tell she's dying to know. Maybe, I'll tell her over dinner. Which is actually the reason why I wanted to come to the city. Candy and I never finished our little date from last time and I never took her and Naldo to that burger joint I told them about.

It was actually Candy's idea. She says she's prepared to handle Daryl and his goons this time. I really love that woman.

Craig- People express love in different ways but I think we may be the most unique. Because her affair with that 'kid', Krystal and I are no longer boyfriend and girlfriend. We have a different, a more 'physical' type of arrangement...

Chris- Yes, I'm here, too. I'm actually not here to keep an eye on Candace and her pet monkey (Derrick) and I'm definitely not here to congratulate Spencer. Now that he's representing Carl, he's now aligned with the enemy but that's not my most immediate problem. Donny's sister, Carmen, is here and I need to somehow get some answers from her without blowing my cover. She knows something about what the rogue agents and my group, the Ubberreich, are planning. She knows where Russ is with that Dossier but most importantly, as some of these undercover rogue agents tell me, she could be in possession of something with...Messianic implications.

Carmen- I'm happy to be of help to Chad and Janine and I'm partly doing this as a penance for my son , Noah, having sex with that cradle robber, Krystal, in their bed. Apparently, it happened a lot more than just the time we caught them.

But at this very moment, I'm getting some real uncomfortable vibes from that one guy, that works for Chad. He keeps looking at me. I think I heard people call him Chris.

End of Chapter. Please comment and vote.