Chapter 14

Later that evening

Linnie-

"Hey, Miss Powderkeg, can I get a selfie?" asked a stage hand as I exited yet another interview for one of the all day news networks.

"Of course!" we lean in "Say, Pantsuit!" "Pantsuit!" We say together.

I'm in New York doing yet another round of interviews. This is crazy; it's been 6 months since that video went viral and it's still has buzz. It's made history for having the most views of any YouTube video ever and it's only been a short time. My press agent, Larry, has me doing interviews all over the country most of which I do remotely.

Local tv stations, commercial endorsements, morning talk shows, daytime talk shows, late night talk shows, radio, podcasts, newspaper and magazine; you name it! I've even been asked to host SNL and not only that, the video has been optioned for a movie or a tv series and every major movie studio in Hollywood have been beating down our doors. To say it's a little overwhelming. I try to not let it go to my head but sometimes it's very difficult. I've been getting asked out on dates numerous times and I always say I'm in a very serious relationship.

Speaking of which, me and Donny are doing amazingly awesome. I don't know how to describe this feeling; it'd utterly indescribable! Neither of us have experienced a more passionate and intense, yet caring and compassionate love in our lives than these past 6 months. I don't know if this is still considered the honeymoon period but if it is I hope it lasts forever. I find myself falling more and more in love with him with each passing day. He's the reason I've been doing all this press; at first I didn't want any attention from it but he encouraged me to do it; said it could bring in big money and get exposure for the store.

As for my Boutique, as you may have heard it's been expanded and revamped thanks to all the royalty money I get from the video and all the subsequent interviews. Business was beginning to decline prior to that but Ashley did the most wonderful thing for me; she quit her agenting job to become manager of the store (technically co-manager with me but let's face it, she's the one running the show even when I am there which unfortunately is rare these days). We merged with Kenny's restaurant and now it's called the Art Bistro.

Since that incident of the video where I confronted my father about his interference and then Donny kissing me and professing his love for me for the whole world to see. Unfortunately, hardly any of the interviews I do want to talk about that part, I'm not sure why. Larry said he thinks it's because the media want to portray me as a single young woman to attract more male viewers. He's even told me to change my relationship status on social media even if it's a lie which adamantly refuse.

My love for Donny is worth far more than what any of this attention could bring and if it were up to me, Donny would be with me in every one of these engagements. He did do some of them with me in the beginning but then the different studios and companies only wanted to interview me. Donny says, in the ever sweet way that he does, that the world loves the idea of a young, hot, independent woman who's willing to stand up for herself. I love it when he calls me hot; no one's ever called me that. Of course, Spencer never did but now because of the video, I get double takes from men everywhere and I'm always being praised for my looks on social media. I must say, I feel very flattered and I'm even guilty of having a slight ego boost from it.

Anyways, enough of the video nonsense. I'm on somewhat good terms with my father as both Donny and my mother convinced me to have a long chat with him while he's under house arrest at his home in Connecticut because he's highly likely to go to prison for life. My mother officially filed for divorce and even though I didn't speak with her for awhile after she told me the real reason Carl left all those years ago (that she was having an affair) we're back on fairly good terms. My whole life I resented my father for leaving while in reality, it was her fault he left and she's now rooming with Ashley in the upstairs suite at the store.