1 | Dark Prophecy

Milan, Italy

Milan, Italy.

9 months.

Time flew fast, in the blink of an eye nine months were already gone but to Siya, the time was painful, crawling against her skin with each passing moment as if to remind her of the scars and pain that were embodied deep inside her.

The days reminded her of the bare reality that she wished to forget, the nights haunted her with the tragedy that took place in her life and the dreams transformed into nightmares that witnessed her tears.

Time wasn't easy for her, it didn't heal her or make her forget the harsh truth of her life. It only deepened her wounds, whispered in her ears that life wasn't going to be the same for her, that she would never be the same again.

Maybe, it wasn't the time she needed. Maybe, she needed a change. A change from the place that reminded her of the tragedy that took place in it and she did the same. Leaving her everything behind wasn't easy. She left her country, her parents and her friends and so did the dark and haunting memories as she shifted the country. The change in place healed her, in a way that she could never think of.

Milan.

The place that healed her.

The place that soothed her wounds, healed her scars and transformed her nightmares into a dream.

Siya hurriedly walked down the staircase, trying to catch her breath in between. She was wearing a coral peach dress which ended just above her knees. The dress gave a little detail to her neckline, highlighting her collarbone and the delicate pendant that was adorning her neck. The black thigh-high boots which she was wearing completed her look. Unlocking the door of the room, she rushed towards the lift. She lived in a ten-floor apartment and her room was on the fourth floor. The lift came to a halt and she exited from it. As she was coming out of the apartment, her eyes caught the sight of the familiar sexy black car.

If it was possible to fall in love with a car, she would be called the biggest lover ever.

"Look who we have here?" There he was, leaning against the car, a smirk forming over his lips as he gazed at her with amusement dancing in his eyes. The morning rays hit his eyes, making the brown orbs shine like a burning inferno.

She rolled her eyes but couldn't stop the smile that formed on her lips in his presence, the smile stretching on her face genuine and graceful.

Xavier Knight. Her boss.

The man who stood strong with her for the past seven months and made her feel at home in the unfamiliar place. She joined as a manager in Knight Industries seven months and since then, there's no looking back. She has developed both as a person and businessman, learning new tactics with each project she was given to lead. The pressure to work in a reputed company like Knight Industries was high and she had given her best all the time, soaring high with success.